Know Before You Go: An AWS Partner’s Guide to re:Invent 2021
We are looking forward to bringing you AWS re:Invent 2021 both in-person and virtually.
The in-person conference is November 29 – December 3, in Las Vegas, with virtual opportunities to watch keynotes and leadership sessions live. Virtual options for the breakout sessions will be available the following week, December 6-10.
All of us at Amazon Web Services (AWS) are excited to connect with AWS Partners from around the globe. To help you prepare, we’ve compiled a list of key re:Invent information for our AWS Partner community!
Global Partner Summit
Please join us for the annual Global Partner Summit at AWS re:Invent 2021. Global Partner Summit is fully integrated into the overall re:Invent program, and does not require a separate registration.
Global Partner Summit offers content and activities designed specifically for AWS Partners and prospective partners alike. You’ll learn how to leverage AWS services to build solutions for customers, and explore programs that can help differentiate your business to reach new customers faster.
Prospective partners and customers are both welcome to watch partner sessions to learn more about the AWS Partner Network (APN). The APN is a global community of trusted cloud partners with diverse expertise.
AWS Partner Keynote
The AWS Partner Keynote will be broadcast live on Monday, November 29 at 3:00 PM PST. It will be re-broadcast Tuesday, November 30 at 3:00 PM (both SGT and GMT) to reach global audiences.
The keynote will feature Doug Yeum, head of Global Partner Organization; Sandy Carter, AWS VP, Global Public Sector Partners and Programs; and Stephen Orban, General Manager of AWS Marketplace and Control Services.
If you won’t be in Las Vegas for re:Invent, we invite you to register for the virtual broadcast and learn how AWS is helping partners modernize their businesses to help their customers transform.
There will be 20 leadership sessions offered at re:Invent this year. These sessions are a chance for attendees to hear directly from AWS leaders as they share the latest advances in AWS technologies, set the future product direction, and motivate you through compelling success stories.
Notable leadership sessions for Global Partner Summit attendees are:
AWS Public Sector Partners
Top 10 Announcements to Drive Growth and Value
Sandy Carter, AWS VP, Global Public Sector Partners and Programs
Wednesday, December 1
10:00 AM PST
AWS Public Sector Partners continue to drive growth and value for customers. In this session, we’ll share our 2022 vision with partners: driving results, driving innovation, driving together. Sandy will also share migration case studies for best of breed partners so we can raise the bar on results together. Innovation is the DNA of Amazon and we’ll innovate with our partners in solutions and technology like AI/ML. A must-see session to drive business forward into 2022.
Reinvent Your Business for the Future with AWS Analytics
Rahul Pathak, Vice President, Analytics
Wednesday, December 1
2:30 PM PST
The next wave of digital transformation will be data-driven, and organizations will have to reinvent themselves using data to make decisions quickly and gain faster and deeper insights. In this session, Rahul addresses the current state of analytics on AWS, focusing on the latest service innovations. Learn how you can put your data to work with data lakes and purpose-built data stores. Also, discover how AWS can help you build new experiences and reimagine old processes with a modern data architecture on AWS.
Training and Certification
Ready, Set, Innovate: Training to Accelerate Transformation
Maureen Lonergan, Vice President, AWS Training and Certification
Monday, November 29
1:00 PM PST
The race to the cloud has accelerated over the past 18 months, and organizations need new strategies to adapt, innovate, and upskill their teams. Maureen shares what AWS has learned from the last year and how you can empower your people with the skills, confidence, and expert support necessary to unlock the full power of AWS. Discover how to create a culture of learning that builds excitement, attracts new talent, and challenges your organization to think big.
Breakout Sessions and Content
Don’t miss our AWS-led partner breakout sessions. All sessions are 60 minutes in length. If you are attending virtually, the breakout sessions will be available on-demand the following week, December 6-10.
Register for these breakout sessions at Global Partner Summit:
- Co-selling systems integrators solutions with AWS (GPS201)
- Cranking up your software co-sell flywheel with AWS (GPS202)
- Build your journey with the AWS Partner Network (GPS204)
- Expand your journey with the AWS Partner Network (GPS205)
- Charting your path to address the AWS skills shortage (GPS207)
- Growing your business in the Public Sector (GPS208)
- Grow your business and drive revenue with AWS Marketplace (GPS209)
- Growing your business with SMB customers (GPS210)
- Accelerating innovation with AI and Machine Learning (GPS211)
- Preventing and winning the battle against ransomware attacks (GPS212)
- Accelerating data-led migrations (GPS213)
- AWS Partner Sales Strategy (GPS216)
- Deep-dive large scale modernization to serverless in action (GPS301)
- Adapt to generational change: Build your workforce strategy (GPS302)
- Amazon EKS deep dive for AWS Partners (GPS303)
- Innovator serverless workshop (GPS401)
- Building enterprise AI applications: No ML expertise required (GPS304)
- Data warehouse and business intelligence modernization (GPS306)
- Data-centric AI using Amazon SageMaker and Snowflake (GPS305)
Save the Date: Partner Sales Strategy Session is November 30
Join global AWS leaders to discuss how joint strategy and teaming agreements can help us be successful together, strategize for the new year, align sales motions, and mine for new opportunities that will bring more value to customers.
Rachel Mushahwar, Americas Partner Sales, Channel Chief, AWS, will moderate the discussion featuring global AWS leaders, including:
- Rich Geraffo, Vice President, Americas Sales, AWS
- Tanuja Randery, Vice President of AWS EMEA Commercial Sales
- Jaime Vallés, General Manager, LATAM – Vice President, AWS WWCO
- Frank Fallon, Vice President, Worldwide Financial Services, AWS
To reserve your spot for the November 30 session, log in to your re:Invent dashboard and search for “AWS Partner Sales Strategy” or “GPS216” in the session catalog. Register now >>
➤ Rachel Mushahwar also published a blog post for partners about how re:Invent is bringing us all together to connect, inspire, and grow our communities!
Visit the APN Booth and Mini-Theater at the Expo
Meet with AWS experts and learn how to build, market, and sell with the AWS Partner Network. Stop by our APN Booth in the Expo to find out how you can differentiate your offerings through various APN programs, integrate solutions with AWS, leverage APN co-marketing opportunities, and more.
Want to learn more about partnering with AWS? Visit our mini-theater at the APN Booth where we’ll have short 20-minute presentations providing an introductory overview on a variety of partner topics. Here’s the lineup of APN mini-theater sessions you won’t want to miss:
Monday, November 29
- 4:30 PM – How to integrate AWS Well-Architected into different businesses
- 5:30 PM – How do AWS Partner differentiation programs set you apart?
Tuesday, November 30
- 10:30 AM – From monolith to modern: Approaches to SaaS migration
- 11:30 AM – Accelerate your journey to SaaS
- 1:00 PM – Building compliant HCLS solutions with AWS services
- 2:00 PM – Help your customers derive more value from SAP with AWS
- 3:00 PM – VMware Cloud on AWS for financial services industry
- 4:00 PM – Launch and grow your media and entertainment practice on AWS
- 5:00 PM – Faster time to results with AWS Partners
Wednesday, December 1
- 10:30 AM – Scaling your partnership with AWS Distribution Partners
- 11:30 AM – Fire up the AWS co-sell engine for infrastructure ISVs
- 1:00 PM – Case studies: How AWS business applications partners drive transformation
- 2:00 PM – Reaching and winning line-of-business customers
- 3:00 PM – Deliver a hybrid cloud experience with AWS Outposts
- 4:00 PM – Accelerate migrations with the ISV Workload Migration Program
- 5:00 PM – Getting started with AWS Partner Training and Certification
Thursday, December 2
- 10:30 AM – Tools (for free) to help accelerate migrations to AWS
- 11:30 AM – Accelerate your demand generation with AWS Partner Marketing Central
- 1:00 PM – Run an AWS Migration Immersion Day with your Customers
- 2:00 PM – Accelerate your Compliance and Security authorizations with the ATO on AWS Program
- 3:00 PM – Navigating the Public Sector Partner Journey
APN Ambassador Attendee Guides
To help you plan and prepare for re:Invent, we’ve asked several APN Ambassadors to provide recommendations on what to do during the conference. These guides include tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your experience.
Find inspiration from APN Ambassadors who have created partner guides to help re:Invent attendees find content based on specific areas of interest. Choose the persona you best identify with to learn more:
- Partner Solution Architect or Technical Staff Guide – By Fumiaki Ueno, NRI Netcom
- Partner Business Developer and Sales Guide – By Robert Belson, Verizon
- New AWS Partner Guide – By Gerald Bachlmayr, Anchor
- Partner Executive Guide – By Carlos Diego, Valcann
➤ We are also proud to recognize some of the top 2021 APN Ambassadors from across the world. Congratulations to all of our awesome APN Ambassadors!
Training and Certification Bootcamp
AWS Training and Certification is focused on driving and accelerating adoption and usage of the AWS Cloud by educating all customers and partners on AWS technologies and best practices. No bootcamp fees are required for partner training workshops, as they are offered exclusively for AWS Partners.
Exclusive Partner Session: Advanced Migrating to AWS
This advanced workshop provides prescriptive guidance on how to migrate workloads at scale, and covers common migration patterns and challenges of large-scale migrations. You’ll learn how to identify use cases for rehosting, replatforming, and refactoring legacy applications to AWS, and explore how to modernize workloads and convert legacy applications to containers by using the AWS App2Container service.
Get Inspired By Our Sponsoring Partners
More than 300 AWS Partners are sponsoring re:Invent and will showcase their solutions in the Expo. Visit their booths and partner theater sessions on-site to connect with sponsors. Build new alliances with fellow partners using AWS technologies to serve their customers!
Save the Date: Partner Solutions Day is December 6
Make Partner Solutions Day on December 6 the next step in your journey. Join our virtual re:Invent experience and browse 70+ new breakout and partner theater sessions, and claim virtual swag. Enable partner communication on any booth page to take part.
Learn More About the AWS Partner Network (APN)
- Why work with AWS Partners?
- AWS Partner differentiation programs help you find the right partner for the right job
- Data and analytics partners scale their business with AWS Partner differentiation programs
- Case studies and references
- AWS Partner success stories on the APN Blog
Follow AWS and the APN on social media for all the latest updates about re:Invent 2021:
- Follow @awscloud on Twitter, and use the hashtag #reInvent
- Follow @AWS_Partners on Twitter for re:Invent info exclusively for AWS Partners!
- Join the Scale with AWS Partners page on LinkedIn
- Subscribe to the AWS Partner YouTube channel
- Join the AWS Partner email list for timely updates about APN news and events