AWS Week in Review – April 25, 2016
Let’s take a quick look at what happened in AWS-land last week:
New & Notable Open Source
- dynamodb-lambda-autoscale autoscales DynamodB using an AWS Lambda function.
- chaos-lambda randomly terminates EC2 instances within an Auto Scaling Group during business hours.
- local-node-lambda lets you run Lambda functions locally.
- node-lambda is a command line tool to locally run and then deploy Node.js applications to Lambda.
- patrol-rules-aws is a set of rules implemented using lambda-cfn that monitors AWS infrastructure for best practices, security, and compliance.
- checkall runs commands against every EC2 instance within an account.
- lambda-dynamodb-local is a container-based local runtime for Lambda & DynamoDB.
- aws-lambda-rdbms-integration integrates Lambda with relational databases.
- AWSTrycorder is a cross-account data collector for AWS.
- ssh-everywhere integrates ssh and tmux with the AWS CLI to create tmux sessions with a pane for each EC2 instance.
New SlideShare Presentations
- AWS Summit Manila:
New Customer Success Stories
- ACTi Corporation.
- Bandai Namco Studios.
- GE Oil & Gas.
- RWE Czech Republic.
- May 5 – Live Event (Palo Alto, CA) – AWS Big Data Meetup – Machine Learning in the Cloud.
- May – AWS Partner Webinars.
- AWS Zombie Microservices Roadshow.