AWS Big Data is Coming to HIMSS!
The AWS Big Data team is coming to HIMSS, the industry-leading conference for professionals in the field of healthcare technology. The conference brings together more than 40,000 health IT professionals, clinicians, administrators, and vendors to talk about the latest innovations in health technology. Because transitioning healthcare to the cloud is at the forefront of this year’s conversations, for the first time, HIMSS is hosting a conference pre-day on February 19 that is focused on the use of cloud in healthcare.
This year’s conference will be held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida from February 20 – 23. You can visit us at booth 6969 to learn about how AWS healthcare customers like Cambia and Cleveland Clinic are leveraging cloud-based analytics to support healthcare’s digital transformation. The booth will be staffed by AWS certified solution architects who can answer questions about transitioning existing health applications into the cloud or creating new big data solutions to meet the evolving needs of healthcare.
If you’re interested in understanding how your health data skills fit in at AWS, there will be recruiters and hiring manages onsite to discuss AWS career opportunities. Just send e-mail to email@example.com to set up an informal chat.
Thousands of healthcare customers are using AWS to change the way they deliver care, engage with patients, or incorporate new technology into their organization by using HIPAA-eligible big data services such as:
- Amazon EMR, a managed Hadoop framework.
- Amazon DynamoDB, a fast and flexible NoSQL database service.
- Amazon Aurora [MySQL-compatible edition only], a relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases.
- Amazon Redshift, a fast, simple, cost-effective data warehouse.
- Amazon S3, a durable, massively scalable object store.
Check out some past AWS Big Data Blog posts to see how these technologies are being used to improve healthcare:
- Readmission Prediction Through Patient Risk Stratification Using Amazon Machine Learning
- Introduction to Python UDFs in Amazon Redshift (CMS Open Payment Data)
- Create a Healthcare Data Hub with AWS and Mirth Connect
- How Eliza Corporation Moved Healthcare Data to the Cloud
- Will Spark Power the Data behind Precision Medicine?
- Interactive Analysis of Genomic Datasets Using Amazon Athena
For more information about how healthcare customers are using AWS, visit aws.amazon.com/health.