In this lab, you learn how to how to create real-time personalized movie recommendations with Amazon Personalize.
Amazon Personalize does not require machine learning experience. You can build, train, and deploy a Amazon Personalize recommendation model (a solution version) with the AWS Management Console or programmatically by using the AWS SDK for Python. As a developer, you only need to do the following:
- Format input data and upload the data into an Amazon S3 bucket, or send real-time event data.
- Select a training recipe (algorithm) to use on the data.
- Train a model (called a solution version in Amazon Personalize) using the recipe.
- Deploy a campaign to make real-time recommendations or a batch processing job for batch recommendations.
AWS Experience: Intermediate
Time to complete: 2 hours
Cost to complete: This tutorial will cost you less than $1 (assuming all services are running for 2 hours)*
• Active AWS Account**
• Browser: AWS recommends Chrome
• Amazon Personalize
• Amazon SageMaker
• AWS Identity and Access Management
• Amazon S3
• AWS SDK for Python
*This estimate assumes you follow the recommended configurations throughout the tutorial and terminate all resources within 2 hours.
**Accounts that have been created within the last 24 hours might not yet have access to the resources required for this project.