Learn About the newest AWS Services – Attend our October Webinars
September 8, 2021: Amazon Elasticsearch Service has been renamed to Amazon OpenSearch Service. See details.
If you attended AWS re:Invent, you were among the first to know about Amazon QuickSight, AWS IoT, Kinesis Firehose, and our other new offerings. Perhaps you had time to attend a session to learn more about the new service or services that were of interest to you. If you didn’t attend re:Invent or missed a session or two and are ready to learn more, I’ve got you covered. We will be running nine new-product webinars later this month. Each webinar is designed to provide you with the information that you need to have in order to be up and running as quickly as possible.
Here’s what we have for you! The webinars are free but “seating” is limited and you should definitely sign up ahead of time if you want to attend (all times are Pacific):
Tuesday, October 27
QuickSight is a fast, cloud-powered business intelligence tool. You can build visualizations, perform ad-hoc analysis, and get business insights from your data.
- Webinar: Introducing Amazon QuickSight (9 – 10 AM).
- Blog Post: Amazon QuickSight – Fast & Easy to Use Business Intelligence for Big Data at 1/10th the Cost of Traditional Solutions.
AWS IoT is a managed cloud platform that lets connected devices easily and securely interact with cloud applications and other devices.
- Webinar: Getting Started with AWS IoT (10:30 – 11:30 AM).
- Blog Post: AWS IoT – Cloud Services for Connected Devices.
Amazon Kinesis Firehose is the easiest way to load streaming data into AWS.
- Webinar: Introducing Amazon Kinesis Firehose (Noon – 1 PM).
- Blog Post: Amazon Kinesis Firehose – Simple & Highly Scalable Data Ingestion.
Wednesday, October 28
Spot Blocks allow you to launch Spot instances that will run for a finite duration (1 to 6 hours).
- Webinar: Introducing Spot Blocks (9 – 10 AM).
- Blog Post: New – EC2 Spot Blocks for Defined-Duration Workloads.
AWS WAF is a web application firewall that helps protect your web applications from common exploits.
Amazon Elasticsearch Service is a managed service that makes it easy to deploy, operate, and scale Elasticsearch in the AWS Cloud.
- Webinar: Introducing Amazon Elasticsearch Service (Noon – 1 PM).
- Blog Post: New – Amazon Elasticsearch Service.
Thursday, October 29
AWS Lambda lets you run code in the cloud without provisioning or managing servers.
- Webinar: AWS Lambda Best Practices: Python, Scheduled Jobs, and More (9 – 10 AM).
- Blog Post: AWS Lambda Update – Python, VPC, Increased Function Duration, Scheduling, and More.
AWS Mobile Hub provides an integrated console that helps you build, test, and monitor your mobile apps.
- Webinar: Introducing AWS Mobile Hub (10:30 – 11:30 AM).
- Blog Post: AWS Mobile Hub – Build, Test, and Monitor Mobile Applications.
AWS Import/Export Snowball is a petabyte-scale data transport solution that uses secure appliances to transfer large amounts of data into and out of AWS.
- Webinar: Introducing AWS Import/Export Snowball (Noon – 1 PM).
- Blog Post: AWS Import/Export Snowball – Transfer 1 Petabyte Per Week Using Amazon-Owned Storage Appliances.