AWS News Blog
AWS Week in Review – October 31, 2016
September 8, 2021: Amazon Elasticsearch Service has been renamed to Amazon OpenSearch Service. See details.
Over 25 internal and external contributors helped out with pull requests and fresh content this week! Thank you all for your help and your support.
New & Notable Open Source
- awsapigatewayupsert enables upserting and export of API Gateway instances from Swagger 2.0 JSON definitions, with support for managing Lambda function integration permissions.
- AWS IoT Embedded C ESP32 Port is a port of the AWS IoT embedded C SDK to the ESP32 platform.
- aws-lambda-go-net allows to run existing Go web applications on AWS Lambda without modification.
- pipeline-aws-plugin adds Jenkins Pipeline steps to interact with the AWS API.
- elastic-ci-stack-for-aws is a simple, flexible, auto-scaling cluster of build agents running in your own AWS VPC.
- docker-aws-tools is a Docker image with AWS CLI and common tools used to interact with AWS APIs.
- aws-team-cost-reporter reports on AWS Team costs using data from CloudCheckr.
- lambda-cd is a proof of concept implementation of continuous delivery for Lambda functions.
- cloud-search-query is an ORM-like wrapper for building AWS CloudSearch structured queries.
New Customer Success Stories
- Apposphere – Using AWS and bitfusion.io from the AWS Marketplace, Apposphere can scale 50 to 60 percent month-over-month while keeping customer satisfaction high. Based in Austin, Texas, the Apposphere mobile app delivers real-time leads from social media channels.
- CADFEM – CADFEM uses AWS to make complex simulation software more accessible to smaller engineering firms, helping them compete with much larger ones. The firm specializes in simulation software and services for the engineering industry.
- Mambu – Using AWS, Mambu helped one of its customers launch the United Kingdom’s first cloud-based bank, and the company is now on track for tenfold growth, giving it a competitive edge in the fast-growing fintech sector. Mambu is an all-in-one SaaS banking platform for managing credit and deposit products quickly, simply, and affordably.
- Okta – Okta uses AWS to get new services into production in days instead of weeks. Okta creates products that use identity information to grant people access to applications on multiple devices at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections.
- PayPlug – PayPlug is a startup created in 2013 that developed an online payment solution. It differentiates itself by the simplicity of its services and its ease of integration on e-commerce websites. PayPlug is a startup created in 2013 that developed an online payment solution. It differentiates itself by the simplicity of its services and its ease of integration on e-commerce websites
- Rent-a-Center – Rent-a-Center is a leading renter of furniture, appliances, and electronics to customers in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and Mexico. Rent-A-Center uses AWS to manage its new e-commerce website, scale to support a 1,000 percent spike in site traffic, and enable a DevOps approach.
- UK Ministry of Justice – By going all in on the AWS Cloud, the UK Ministry of Justice (MoJ) can use technology to enhance the effectiveness and fairness of the services it provides to British citizens. The MoJ is a ministerial department of the UK government. MoJ had its own on-premises data center, but lacked the ability to change and adapt rapidly to the needs of its citizens. As it created more digital services, MoJ turned to AWS to automate, consolidate, and deliver constituent services.
New SlideShare Presentations
- IoT End-to-End Security.
- Building a Data Lake on AWS.
- AWSome Day Bucharest:
- Towards Full Stack Security.
- Secure Content Delivery with AWS.
- Architecting for Resiliency.
- Getting Started with Amazon ElastiCache.
- DynamoDB Deep Dive.
New YouTube Videos
- How AWS and Statcast Keep David Ortiz Sharp in Retirement.
- MLB Statcast – Year in Review.
- Building a Data Lake on AWS.
- AWS Knowledge Center:
- I accidentally disabled network connectivity to my EC2 instance running Windows. How do I fix it?
- Amazon RDS Multi-AZ: Converting an Amazon RDS database from Single-AZ to Multi-AZ.
- How do I enable the slow query log in an RDS MySQL DB instance to view or download them?
- How do I enable the general log in an RDS MySQL DB instance to view and download them?
- AWS Knowledge Center Videos: How do I manage logs in Amazon RDS MySQL?
- AWS Knowledge Center Videos: How do I create a snapshot for an EBS volume?
- November 3 (Doral, FL) – AWS User Group – Doral Kickoff Meetup.
- November 4 (Toronto, Canada) – Canadian Executive Cloud & DevOps Summit.
- November 8 (London, England) – AWS Enterprise Summit London.
- November 9 (New York, New York) – Security | AWS Loft Architecture Week | NY AWS Pop-up Loft.
- November 10 (Webinar) – Introduction to Three AWS Security Services.
- November 10 (Webinar) – Tune Your Cloud: Optimizing AWS Reserved Instances (Cloud Cruiser).
- November 10 (Stuttgart, Germany) – Meetup of the AWS User Group in Stuttgart.
- November 10 (Webinar) – Process & Deliver Video Content at Scale on AWS Using Amazon Elastic Transcoder.
- November 11 (Webinar) – Building Server-less Applications Using API Gateway and Lambda.
- November 14 (Seoul, Korea) – AWSKRUG & JAWS Kobe IoT Online Seminar (Korean | Japanese).
- November 16 (Seoul, Korea) – AWSomeDay Online.
- November 14 (New Delhi, India) – AWS DevDay India.
- November 16 (Pune, India) – AWS DevDay India.
- November 17 (Bangalore, India) – AWS DevDay India.
- November 23 (Cardiff, Wales) – Meetup #4 of the AWS South Wales User Group.
Stay tuned for next week! In the meantime, follow me on Twitter and subscribe to the RSS feed.