Amazon SNS has no upfront costs and you can pay as you go. You pay based on the number of notifications you publish, the number of notifications you deliver, and any additional API calls for managing topics and subscriptions. Delivery pricing varies by endpoint type. You can get started for free with the SNS free tier. See below for details.
It costs $1.00 to send one million mobile push notifications ($0.50 per million publishes, plus $0.50 per million mobile push notification deliveries). When you use SNS topics to broadcast identical messages to many recipients at once, your effective price can be even lower than $1.00 per million mobile push notifications. With the SNS free tier, your first million push notifications (publishes and deliveries) are free every month.
Note that data transfer charges may apply. You can estimate your bill using the AWS Simple Monthly Calculator.
- Includes publish, topic owner operations, and subscriber operations, but not deliveries
- First 1 million Amazon SNS requests per month are free
- $0.50 per 1 million Amazon SNS requests thereafter
- Amazon SNS currently allows a maximum limit of 256 KB for published messages. Each 64KB chunk of published data is billed as 1 request. For example, a single API call with a 256KB payload will be billed as four requests.
|Endpoint Type||Free Tier||Price|
|Mobile Push Notifications||1 million||$0.50 per million|
|SMS||100||$0.75 per 100|
|email/email-JSON||1,000||$2.00 per 100,000|
|HTTP/s||100,000||$0.60 per million|
Simple Queue Service (SQS)
No charge for deliveries to SQS Queues
|Lambda No charge for deliveries to Lambda functions|
Note: Each 64KB chunk of delivered data is billed as 1 request. For example, a single notification with a 256KB payload will be billed as four deliveries.
Data transfer “in” and “out” refers to transfer into and out of Amazon SNS. Data transferred between Amazon SNS and Amazon EC2 within a single region is free of charge (i.e., $0.00 per GB). Data transferred between Amazon SNS and Amazon EC2 in different regions will be charged at Internet Data Transfer rates on both sides of the transfer.
* Your free usage is calculated each month across all regions and automatically applied to your bill – free usage does not accumulate.
** As part of AWS’s Free Usage Tier, new AWS customers will receive free 15 GB of data transfer out each month aggregated across all AWS services for one year.
*** Data transfer out rate tiers aggregate outbound data transfer across Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Amazon EBS, Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Amazon RDS, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon SQS, Amazon SNS, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Storage Gateway, and Amazon VPC.