AWS IoT Analytics Service Level Agreement
Last Updated: May 5, 2022
This AWS IoT Analytics Service Level Agreement (“SLA”) is a policy governing the use of AWS IoT Analytics and applies separately to each account using AWS IoT Analytics. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this SLA and the terms of the AWS Customer Agreement or other agreement with us governing your use of our Services (the “Agreement”), the terms and conditions of this SLA apply, but only to the extent of such conflict. Capitalized terms used herein but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
AWS will use commercially reasonable efforts to make AWS IoT Analytics available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage for each AWS region, during any monthly billing cycle, of at least 99.9% (the “Service Commitment”). In the event AWS IoT Analytics does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below.
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges paid by you for AWS IoT Analytics in the applicable AWS region for the monthly billing cycle in which the Monthly Uptime Percentage fell within the ranges set forth in the table below:
Monthly Uptime Percentage
Service Credit Percentage
Less than 99.9% but greater than or equal to 99.0%
Less than 99.0% but greater than or equal to 95.0%
Less than 95.0%
We will apply any Service Credits only against future AWS IoT Analytics payments otherwise due from you. At our discretion, we may issue the Service Credit to the credit card you used to pay for the billing cycle in which the error occurred. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from AWS. A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one dollar ($1 USD). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account. Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us to provide AWS IoT Analytics is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by opening a case in the AWS Support Center. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident occurred and must include:
- the words “SLA Credit Request” in the subject line;
- the dates, times, and AWS region(s) of each incident of non-zero Error Rates that you are claiming; and
- your request logs that document the errors and corroborate your claimed outage (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks).
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage applicable to the month of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the applicable Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which your request is confirmed by us. Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
AWS IoT Analytics SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of AWS IoT Analytics, or any other AWS IoT Analytics performance issues: (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of AWS IoT Analytics; (ii) that result from any actions or inactions of you; (iii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology; (iv) that result from failure to follow the guidelines or exceeding the limitations described in the AWS IoT Analytics Documentation on the AWS Site; or (v) arising from our suspension or termination of your right to use AWS IoT Analytics in accordance with the Agreement (collectively, the “AWS IoT Analytics SLA Exclusions”). If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our calculation of the Error Rate, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
- “Error Rate” means: (i) the total number of internal server errors returned by AWS IoT Analytics as error status “InternalFailure” or “ServiceUnavailable” divided by (ii) the total number of requests for the applicable request type during that five minute interval. We will calculate the Error Rate for each AWS IoT Analytics account as a percentage for each five minute interval in the monthly billing cycle. The calculation of the number of internal server errors will not include errors that arise directly or indirectly as a result of any of the AWS IoT Analytics SLA Exclusions.
- “Monthly Uptime Percentage” for a given AWS region is calculated by subtracting from 100% the average of the Error Rates from each five minute interval in the monthly billing cycle.
- A “Service Credit” is a dollar credit, calculated as set forth above, that we may credit back to an eligible AWS IoT Analytics account.