Amazon Lightsail Instance and Block Storage Service Level Agreement
Last Updated: March 15, 2019
This Amazon Lightsail Instance and Block Storage Service Level Agreement (this “SLA”) is a policy governing the use of the Included Services (listed below) and applies separately to each account using the Included Services. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this SLA and the terms of the AWS Customer Agreement or other agreement with us governing your use of our Services (the “Agreement”), the terms and conditions of this SLA apply, but only to the extent of such conflict. Capitalized terms used herein but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
- Amazon Lightsail instances (“Lightsail Instances”)
- Amazon Lightsail block storage (“Lightsail Storage”)
AWS will use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Included Services each available for each AWS region with a Monthly Uptime Percentage of at least 99.99%, in each case during any monthly billing cycle (the “Service Commitment”). In the event any of the Included Services do not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below.
Service Commitments and Service Credits
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges paid by you for the applicable Included Service in the affected AWS region for the monthly billing cycle that did not meet the Service Commitment in accordance with the schedule below.
|Monthly Uptime Percentage||Service Credit Percentage|
|Less than 99.99%||10%|
|Less than 95.0%||100%|
We will apply any Service Credits only against future Amazon Lightsail payments otherwise due from you. At our discretion, we may issue the Service Credit to the credit card you used to pay for the billing cycle in which the Unavailability occurred. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from AWS. A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one dollar ($1 USD). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account. Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us to provide Amazon Lightsail is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by opening a case in the AWS Support Center. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident occurred and must include:
1. the words “SLA Credit Request” in the subject line;
2. the dates and times of each Unavailability incident that you are claiming;
3. the affected Included Service IDs; and
4. your request logs that document the errors and corroborate your claimed outage (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks).
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which your request is confirmed by us. Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
Amazon Lightsail Instance and Block Storage SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination an Included Service, or any other Included Service performance issues: (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of the applicable Included Service; (ii) that result from any actions or inactions of you or any third party, including failure to acknowledge a recovery volume; (iii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology (other than third party equipment within our direct control); (iv) that result from failures of individual instances or volumes not attributable to Region Unavailability; (v) that result from you not following the guidelines or exceeding the limitations described in the Amazon Lightsail Documentation on the AWS Site; or (vi) arising from our suspension or termination of your right to use the applicable Included Service in accordance with the Agreement (collectively, the “Amazon Lightsail Instance and Block Storage SLA Exclusions”).
If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our Monthly Uptime Percentage calculation, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
- “Availability Zone” and “AZ” mean an isolated location within an AWS region identified by a letter identifier following the AWS region code (e.g., us-west-1a).
- “Monthly Uptime Percentage” is calculated by subtracting from 100% the percentage of minutes during the month in which any of the Included Services, as applicable, was in the state of “Region Unavailable.” Monthly Uptime Percentage measurements exclude downtime resulting directly or indirectly from any Amazon Lightsail Instance and Block Storage SLA Exclusion.
- “Region Unavailable” and “Region Unavailability” mean:
- For AWS regions with only one AZ, when that AZ and one AZ in any other AWS region, in which you are running an instance or task (one or more containers), as applicable, are concurrently “Unavailable” to you.
- For all other AWS regions, when more than one AZ within the same AWS region, in which you are running an instance or task (one or more containers), as applicable, are concurrently “Unavailable” to you.
- A “Service Credit” is a dollar credit, calculated as set forth above, that we may credit back to an eligible account.
- “Unavailable” and “Unavailability” mean:
- For Lightsail Instances, when all of your running instances or running tasks, as applicable, have no external connectivity.
- For Lightsail Storage, when all of your attached volumes perform zero read write IO, with pending IO in the queue.