AWS Verified Access Service Level Agreement
Last Updated: April 28, 2023
This AWS Verified Access Service Level Agreement (this "SLA") is a policy governing the use of AWS Verified Access ("Verified Access") and applies separately to each account using Verified Access. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this SLA and the terms of the AWS Customer Agreement or other agreement with us governing your use of our Services (the "Agreement"), the terms and conditions of this SLA apply, but only to the extent of such conflict. Capitalized terms used herein but not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
AWS will use commercially reasonable efforts to make each Verified Access endpoint available for each AWS region with a Monthly Uptime Percentage of at least 99.9%, during any monthly billing cycle (the "Service Commitment"). In the event that a Verified Access endpoint does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below.
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges paid by you for each Verified Access endpoint in the affected AWS region for the monthly billing cycle in which the Monthly Uptime Percentage fell within the ranges set forth in the table below:
|Monthly Uptime Percentage||Service Credit Percentage|
|Less than 99.9% but greater than or equal to 99.0%||10%|
|Less than 99.0% but greater than or equal to 95.0%||30%|
|Less than 95.0%||100%|
We will apply any Service Credits only against future Verified Access payments otherwise due from you. At our discretion, we may issue the Service Credit to the credit card you used to pay for the billing cycle in which the lack of Availability occurred. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from AWS. A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one dollar ($1 USD). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account. Unless otherwise provided in the Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us to provide Verified Access is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by opening a case in the AWS Support Center. To be eligible, the credit request must be received by us by the end of the second billing cycle after which the incident occurred and must include:
- the words “SLA Credit Request” in the subject line;
- the dates, times, affected Verified Access Endpoint ID(s), and Availability for each 5-minute interval with less than 100% Availability for each incident that you are claiming; and
- your request logs that document the errors and corroborate your claimed outage**
**any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks.
If the Monthly Uptime Percentage of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which your request is confirmed by us. Your failure to provide the requested information above and other information necessary to validate your claim will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
AWS Verified Access SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of Verified Access, or any other Verified Access performance issues, directly or indirectly: (i) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control including any force major event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of Verified Access; (ii) that result from any actions or inactions of you; (iii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology; (iv) that result from you not following the guidelines or exceeding the limitations described in the Verified Access Documentation on the AWS Site; or (v) arising from our suspension or termination of your right to use Verified Access in accordance with the Agreement. If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our Monthly Uptime Percentage calculation, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
- “Availability” is calculated for each 5-minute interval as the percentage of Requests processed by Verified Access that do not fail with an Error. If you did not make any Requests in a given 5-minute interval, that interval is assumed to be 100% available.
- “Error” is any Request that fails to return an approve / deny response.
- “Monthly Uptime Percentage” for a given Verified Access endpoint is calculated as the average of the Availability for all 5-minute intervals for the given Verified Access endpoint in a monthly billing cycle.
- “Request” means an inbound HTTP request to a Verified Access endpoint.
- A "Service Credit" is a dollar credit, calculated as set forth above, that we may credit back to an eligible account.