Posted On: Nov 6, 2013
We are pleased to announce the new Management Console for Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR). The new console is much faster than the old console and has some powerful new features, including support for:
- Resizing a running cluster (add/remove instances)
- Cloning a running or terminated cluster
- Hadoop 2 and custom CloudWatch metrics for Hadoop 2
- Targeting a specific Availability Zone
- Creating clusters with IAM Roles
- Submitting multiple processing steps (before and after cluster creation)
- EMR Doc Search via a new EMR Help Portal
Please click on the Feedback button in the console to let us know what you think.
New to Hadoop/EMR? Follow this step-by-step tutorial to launch your first cluster in minutes.