Posted On: Mar 25, 2019
AWS Event Fork Pipelines is a suite of nested open-source applications based on the AWS Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM). You can deploy Event Fork Pipelines directly from the AWS Serverless Application Repository (AWS SAR) into your AWS account. AWS Event Fork Pipelines helps you build event-driven serverless applications by providing pipelines for common event handling requirements.
AWS Event Fork Pipelines let you access:
- Event Storage & Backup Pipeline
- Event Search & Analytics Pipeline
- Event Replay Pipeline
These pipelines help you build event-driven applications to fulfill common requirements such as system auditability, data discoverability, compliance, business insights, and disaster recovery. Each pipeline is subscribed to the same Amazon SNS topic and can process in parallel as events are published to the topic. Each pipeline can set a Subscription Filter Policy to process only the events it’s interested in.
Amazon SNS is a fully managed pub/sub messaging service. You can use Amazon SNS topics to decouple message producers and consumers, and simultaneously distribute messages to multiple subscribing endpoints, such as Amazon SQS queues, AWS Lambda functions, HTTP endpoints, email addresses, and mobile devices (SMS, push notifications).
To learn more about Event Fork Pipelines:
- Enriching Event-Driven Architectures with AWS Event Fork Pipelines blog post
- Using Amazon SNS for System-to-System Messaging with AWS Event Fork Pipelines as a Subscriber in the Amazon SNS Developer Guide
- AWS Event Fork Pipelines in AWS SAR and choose ‘Show apps that create custom IAM roles or resource policies’ box under the search bar
- AWS Event Fork Pipelines in GitHub