Posted On: Feb 13, 2020
AWS AppConfig customers can now use AWS CloudFormation templates to provision AppConfig resources. AWS AppConfig makes it easy for customers to quickly roll out application configurations across applications hosted on EC2 instances, containers, AWS Lambda, mobile apps, IoT devices, and on-premise servers in a validated, controlled and monitored way.
With this launch, AWS customers can use CloudFormation templates to do the following:
1) Configure and provision AppConfig Applications and Environments at scale
2) Provision Configuration Profiles to access Application Configuration stored as Systems Manager Parameters or Documents
3) Specify validators, which provide a syntactic or semantic check to ensure the configuration is free from errors.
4) Specify Deployment Strategies and roll out configuration to the targets based on the deployment strategies in a controlled way.
5) Provision Cloudwatch alarms to safely rollback configuration deployments if necessary
AWS AppConfig customers can also now create, update and manage Application Configuration Documents directly from the AWS AppConfig console. This helps save time in application configuration workflows by eliminating the need to manage configuration documents from the Systems Manager console. To create a configuration document in the AWS AppConfig console, AWS customers can specify a JSON schema and then author the content of the Application Configuration document in either JSON or YAML. This feature eliminates a step and reduces the time to create or update Application Configurations so that AWS customers can deploy Application Configuration faster.
Both of these features are available in US East (Ohio), US East (N. Virginia), US West (N. California), US West (Oregon), Asia Pacific (Mumbai), Asia Pacific (Seoul), Asia Pacific (Singapore), Asia Pacific (Sydney), Asia Pacific (Tokyo), Canada (Central), EU (Frankfurt), EU (Ireland), EU (London), EU (Paris), EU (Stockholm) and South America (São Paulo).