Posted On: Feb 27, 2014
We are pleased to announce a number of new features and design improvements to the Amazon EC2 Management Console. These changes follow updates we made in late 2013 when we introduced the new Launch Instance Wizard, AWS Marketplace integration and a refreshed look and feel to parts of the console. Now, we have updated the console with the new design consistently throughout, including in Events, Spot Requests, Bundle Tasks, Volumes, Snapshots, Security Groups, Placement Groups, Load Balancers and Network Interfaces.
We've also added new features that make it easier to manage your EC2 resources:
- Easily create a new security group based on an existing one using 'Copy to new'.
- Manage inbound and outbound VPC security group rules directly from within the EC2 console.
- Locate resources that are associated with one another such as a snapshot that is associated to an EBS volume using deep links.
- Easily compare Spot pricing across AZs using the Spot Pricing History graph.
- Manage the tags of your Spot requests in the EC2 Console.
You can find more details about these new features in Jeff Barr's blog post.
To access these features and experience the new look and feel, just visit the EC2 Management Console and navigate to one of the updated sections, and you will be presented with the option to try out the new console. Don't forget to let us know what you think via the console feedback button!