Posted On: Aug 30, 2017
AWS has released a major update to the NGINX Plus Quick Start reference deployment that includes enhanced Auto Scaling features.
This Quick Start was created by AWS solutions architects in collaboration with NGINX, Inc. to help you deploy NGINX Plus on the AWS Cloud easily, in about 25 minutes. This update includes the following features:
- nginx-asg-sync integration software, which monitors Auto Scaling groups, and adds or removes web application instances as necessary from the NGINX Plus environment, based on your configured settings
- Auto Scaling group for the NGINX Plus instances, with configurable desired capacity, minimum size, and maximum size settings
- Auto Scaling groups for the NGINX web applications, with configurable desired capacity, minimum size, and maximum size settings
- Support for Auto Scaling scaling policies for the NGINX Plus instances
- Infrastructure improvements, including Linux bastion hosts in an Auto Scaling group and enhanced Quick Start portability
NGINX Plus is an application delivery platform built on NGINX, an open-source web server and reverse proxy for high-traffic sites. NGINX Plus adds technical support and enterprise-ready features for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, application security, monitoring, and management.
The Quick Start builds the AWS infrastructure and uses the NGINX Plus AMI from AWS Marketplace to deploy the software in a virtual private cloud (VPC) in your AWS account. The deployment and configuration tasks are automated by an AWS CloudFormation template that you can customize during launch. You can also use the template as a starting point for your own implementation, by downloading it from the GitHub repository.
About Quick Starts
Quick Starts are automated reference deployments for key workloads on the AWS Cloud. Each Quick Start launches, configures, and runs the AWS compute, network, storage, and other services required to deploy a specific workload on AWS, using AWS best practices for security and availability.