Posted On: Jan 22, 2020
HashiCorp and AWS are pleased to release a major update to the HashiCorp Consul Quick Start, which deploys HashiCorp Consul on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud. HashiCorp Consul is a tool that provides a foundation for cloud networking automation by using a central registry for service-based networking.
Improvements in this update to the HashiCorp Consul Quick Start include the following components:
- A Classic Load Balancer, with Amazon Certificate Manager (ACM) certificate support.
- Modernized bootstrapping of the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instances that run Consul.
- Consul updated to the latest release: 1.7.0-beta2.
- Consul Template version 0.24.0.
- Dedicated Consul user to run the Consul client and server system service.
To try out the updated Quick Start, use the following resources:
- View the architecture and details.
- View the deployment guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Download the AWS CloudFormation templates that automate the deployment.
For additional AWS Quick Start reference deployments, see our catalog.
Quick Starts are automated reference deployments that use AWS CloudFormation templates to deploy key technologies on AWS, following AWS best practices.
This Quick Start was built by HashiCorp in collaboration with AWS solutions architects. HashiCorp is an AWS Partner Network (APN) Partner.