Posted On: May 19, 2021
The AWS Load Balancer Controller provides a Kubernetes native way to configure and manage Elastic Load Balancers that route traffic to applications running in Kubernetes clusters. Elastic Load Balancing offers multiple load balancers that all feature the high availability, automatic scaling, and robust security necessary to help make your applications fault tolerant.
Version 2.2 of AWS Load Balancer Controller for Kubernetes is now available. This update adds multiple enhancements to make it easier to route traffic to your applications using Elastic Load Balancers including:
- Support for instance mode targeting with Network Load Balancers
- Enhanced security controls for Application Load Balancer usage though Kubernetes IngressClass
- Support for AWS Local Zones
- Simplified SSL redirection for Application Load Balancers
- Support for Kubernetes Ingress Path types
- Node selector support for instance targeting load balancers
- Static IP support for Network Load Balancers
- Support for externally managed AWS tags
An important behavior change to note with this launch is that the default provisioning scheme of newly created Network Load Balancers will be internal. You can specify an additional annotation to provision a public facing Network Load Balancer.