Posted On: Jun 1, 2021
This solution provides the following key features:
- An Amazon DynamoDB table in the primary and secondary Regions configured as a global table to replicate data.
- IoT rules to forward IoT registry and shadow events to a DynamoDB table.
- AWS Lambda functions to copy devices, certificates, and policies in primary and secondary Regions.
- AWS Step Functions in the secondary Region to handle retry errors.
- Amazon Route 53 with health checks and traffic policies to direct traffic from primary to secondary Region in case of Region failover.
In addition to the key features, this solution implements an active-passive disaster recovery and provides tools to copy existing devices from primary Regions to secondary Regions. The primary Region is used as the active Region and the secondary Region is used as the passive one for failover.
Additional AWS Solutions Implementations are available on the AWS Solutions Implementations webpage, where you can browse technical reference implementations that are vetted by AWS architects, offering detailed architecture and instructions for deployment to help build faster to solve common problems.