Posted On: Oct 22, 2021
The AWS Load Balancer Controller provides a Kubernetes native way to configure and manage Elastic Load Balancers that route traffic to applications running in Kubernetes clusters. Elastic Load Balancing offers multiple load balancers that all feature the high availability, automatic scaling, and robust security necessary to help make your applications fault tolerant.
Version 2.3 of AWS Load Balancer Controller for Kubernetes is now available. This update adds multiple enhancements to make it easier to route traffic to your applications using Elastic Load Balancers including:
- IPv6 target group support for Application Load Balancers.
- Security group rule management optimizations that reduce the number of overall security group rules needed when using multiple load balancers per cluster.
- Increased performance in large clusters through support for Kubernetes Endpoint Slices.
- Support for specifying Network Load Balancer attributes including deletion protection.
- Support for specifying Application Load Balancer attributes through IngressClassParams.
- Subnet auto discovery based on available IP addresses.
Amazon EKS does not support IPv6. You can follow progress on this feature by subscribing to the issue for EKS IPv6 support on the containers roadmap.