AWS Data Lab
Come with an idea, leave with a solution.
Ready to get started?
Please contact your AWS Account Manager to get started. If you do not have an AWS Account Manager, please contact Sales.
AWS Data Lab is a four-day intensive engagement between a team of customer builders and AWS technical resources to create tangible deliverables that accelerate data and analytics modernization initiatives.
During the lab, Data Lab Solutions Architects and Database and Analytics service experts support the customer by offering prescriptive architectural guidance, sharing best practices, and removing technical roadblocks. At the end of the lab, the customer team leaves with a well-architected prototype, a path to production, greater knowledge of AWS Database and Analytics services, and strengthened relationships with AWS technical service experts.
Example Use Cases
Design and test a process to non-disruptively migrate application back-ends from Oracle and SQL Server to Aurora, at scale.
Enhance a “bare-bones” Data Lake with automated security, access, and data preparation pipelines to enable both the customer’s data scientists' needs and enable future machine learning projects.
Design a serverless Next Generation Medical Network for patient validation and rapid, scalable workflows connecting payers and providers.
Replace a legacy Oracle-based e-commerce solution with a microservices and serverless modern system using Aurora, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, and Elasticsearch.
Primary Customer Benefits
Architecture design session
Spend a day with an AWS Solutions Architect to walk through your business use case, explore the current environment, and discuss technical needs for the Data Lab in order to develop a plan while onsite at a AWS Data Lab.
Accelerated prototype development
By uniting customer builders with AWS service experts in a hands-on, 4 day lab, we significantly accelerate a customer’s journey to production for a new mission-critical project using AWS services featuring Database, Analytics, and ML services. AWS Data Lab empowers customers to quickly architect and build data centric solutions with confidence.
On-site with Amazon Experts
AWS Data Lab provides 1:1 access to service experts such as product managers and specialist architects. These experts will engage based on your level of need to deep dive, help troubleshoot, and review best practices.
AWS Data Lab Customers
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long is the AWS Data Lab engagement? The core hands-on workshop is 4 days. There are some preparatory and follow-up meetings in the weeks before and after the workshop.
- In which geographies is AWS Data Lab available? Data Labs are conducted in Seattle, WA, New York City, Herndon, VA, and London. Customers from every geography are welcome at AWS Data Lab.
- Is there a deadline to apply for an AWS Data Lab? No. AWS Data Lab is an ongoing program. Nominations are always welcome.
- How does a customer request an AWS Data Lab? Reach out to your account manager or solution architect for more information.
- What AWS services are covered in an AWS Data Lab? AWS Data Lab spans all AWS database, analytics, and machine learning services including Amazon Aurora, Amazon RDS, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Neptune, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Elasticsearch Service, Amazon EMR, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Athena, AWS Glue, and AWS Database Migration Service.