DynamoDB in the news
- Five tips to ease your AWS data migration effort
- DB-Engines.com ranks DynamoDB the third fastest climbing database of the month
- Upwork names DynamoDB the third hottest skill for freelancers to know
- Verizon's Oath doubles down on AWS
- VICE Tech's first open-source project: Dynaflow, a NodeJS driver for DynamoDB
- AWS AppSync Including New GraphQL Features Is Now Generally Available
- Native, third-party tools boost interoperability in cloud
This video covers the new features that were announced for Amazon DynamoDB, such as adaptive capacity, global tables, and on-demand backup, and how they solve common problems you might encounter.
In this video, we compare how scaling is performed for relational and nonrelational databases. We also explain how DynamoDB shards your data across multiple partitions, and talk about adaptive capacity, which eliminates most throttling issues caused by hot keys.
In this video, we discuss strategies for global secondary index sharding and index overloading, scalable graph processing with materialized queries, relational modeling with composite keys, and executing transactional workflows on DynamoDB.
Whitepapers and slides
- Achieving Cloud-Based Digital Transformation: Customer Successes with Amazon DynamoDB. Read the IDC whitepaper »
- DynamoDB Design Patterns and Best Practices. See the slides »
- Build a Location-Aware Recommendation Engine with DynamoDB. See the slides »
- Event-Driven Programming with Amazon DynamoDB Streams and AWS Lambda. See the slides »