Instapage Case Study
Instapage is a powerful landing page platform. With its software as a service (SaaS), Instapage enables marketing teams and agencies to build and launch advertising landing pages at scale, all highly optimized for conversion. Started in 2012, the company reports that its customers have achieved an average conversion rate of 25 percent on their landing pages.
Amazon Redshift is a very specialized AWS data warehouse service in terms of its cost effectiveness, performance, and security. AWS is the best solution among all the cloud platforms. We made the right choice.”
- Wanted to use data to understand operations and customer behavior, and to inform the product roadmap.
- Needed to analyze the effectiveness of customer campaigns and marketing channels.
- Sought to unify information silos that included data on business and operations, social media, advertising, customers, landing pages, and marketing.
Why Amazon Web Services
- Instapage had 15 sources of disparate data spread across the organization that were ripe for aggregation. It deployed Amazon Redshift to unify and analyze this entire ecosystem of data.
- Can now analyze, create dashboards, and derive reports from its data using Amazon Redshift. The system can perform extract, transform, and load (ETL) functions from the company’s heterogeneous information inventory by using Stitch, from AWS Partner Network partner RJMetrics.
- To consolidate its data sources with Amazon Redshift, Instapage uses Stitch, which syncs data every 30 minutes. The company also employs various analytics applications to synthesize valuable data—including every user interaction—from the company’s app, helping the company study user behavior. Those analytics applications sync with Amazon Redshift every four hours.
- By using AWS, Instapage can better calculate core business metrics including cost of customer acquisition, lifetime value, and churn across various segments and marketing channels. “Amazon Redshift is a very specialized AWS data warehouse service in terms of its cost effectiveness, performance, and security,” says Abhishek Singh, business intelligence lead at Instapage. “AWS is the best solution among all the cloud platforms. We made the right choice.”
- Data analysis revealed that some customers had canceled their plans despite reporting they were happy with the service. Instapage discovered that customers’ credit cards were being erroneously declined, and by resolving the issue was able to retain customers and reduce churn, recapturing tens of thousands of dollars in revenue.
- The company saves at least $50,000 a year on database-engineering staff because of the automated functions in Amazon Redshift.
- The Instapage customer success team optimizes scheduling and hiring by combining support-ticket and chat data with visitor-tracking and engagement data to forecast hourly and daily demand distribution.
- The company increased customer activity by at least 10 percent and conversions by 13 percent by empowering its marketing automation team with data from the entire customer life cycle.
Instapage is a powerful landing page platform. With its software as a service (SaaS), Instapage enables marketing teams and agencies to build and launch advertising landing pages at scale, all highly optimized for conversion.
AWS Services Used
Redshift powers mission critical analytical workloads for Fortune 500 companies, startups, and everything in between.
Learn more »
Companies of all sizes across all industries are transforming their businesses every day using AWS. Contact our experts and start your own AWS Cloud journey today.