What does this AWS Solutions Implementation do?
The Amazon Virtual Andon solution provides a scalable Andon system to help optimize processes, support the transition to predictive maintenance, and prevent future equipment issues. This solution provides a workflow to help users monitor manufacturing workstations for an event, log the event, and then route the event to the correct engineer for resolution in real-time. This solution is fully customizable and allows users to update the solution in real-time as issues arise.
Flexible integration to either critical areas of your factory or throughout the entire factory.
Configure events, root causes, and assignments to address issues in real-time.
The web interface supports seven languages for factory settings, communications, and data analysis.
AWS Solutions Implementation overview
The diagram below presents the architecture you can automatically deploy using this solution's implementation guide and accompanying AWS CloudFormation template.
Amazon Virtual Andon architecture
The AWS CloudFormation template deploys the following infrastructure:
- An Amazon CloudFront web interface deploys into an Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) bucket configured for web hosting.
- An Amazon Cognito user pool activates the solution’s administrators to register users and groups using the web interface.
- AWS AppSync GraphQL APIs and AWS Amplify power the web interface. Amazon DynamoDB tables store the factory data.
- An AWS IoT rule engine helps users monitor manufacturing workstations or devices for events, and then routes the events to the correct engineer for resolution in real-time.
- Authorized users can interact with and receive notifications from this solution. An AWS Lambda function and Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS) send emails and SMS notifications.
- An additional Amazon S3 bucket is deployed to store files generated by an external automated monitoring system. These files are evaluated by an AWS Lambda function and an issue can be created in the Amazon Virtual Andon web interface.
- Issues created, acknowledged, and closed in the web interface are recorded and updated using AWS AppSync and DynamoDB.
Note: To subscribe to RSS updates, you must have an RSS plug-in enabled for the browser you are using.
Browse our library of AWS Solutions Implementations to get answers to common architectural problems.
Find AWS certified consulting and technology partners to help you get started.
Browse our portfolio of Consulting Offers to get AWS-vetted help with solution deployment.