Posted On: Dec 28, 2015
AWS CloudFormation has added support for two additional AWS services and several new features.
You can now provision the following AWS services using CloudFormation. Visit here for a full list of supported services.
- AWS WAF: You can now provision AWS WAF using CloudFormation. AWS WAF is a web application firewall that helps protect your web applications from common web exploits that could affect application availability, compromise security, or consume excessive resources. You can use AWS WAF to protect any application delivered via Amazon CloudFront. Learn more.
- AWS Directory Service for Microsoft Active Directory: You can now use CloudFormation to provision a managed Microsoft Active Directory hosted on AWS. Learn more.
You can now provision the following features using CloudFormation:
- Amazon DynamoDB global secondary indexes: Create or update a global secondary index in DynamoDB without replacing your DynamoDB table.
- Amazon S3 replication: Specify which S3 objects to replicate and where to store them. You can also set notifications for when specific object types are replicated.
- Amazon CloudWatch Logs subscriptions: Create a stream of log events with CloudWatch Logs and then specify a destination in another AWS account (e.g. an Amazon Kinesis Stream) that subscribes to the log stream.
Please visit our website for more information on AWS CloudFormation: