Posted On: Jul 28, 2016
This feature makes it easy for developers to add user sign-up, sign-in, and enhanced security functionality to their mobile and web apps. With User Pools, you get a simple, fully managed service for creating and maintaining your own user directory that can scale to hundreds of millions of users. You benefit from the security and privacy best practices of AWS, and retain full control of your user data. This feature is now available in the following AWS Regions: US East (N. Virginia), US West (Oregon), Asia Pacific (Tokyo), and EU (Ireland).
With this launch we’ve added a large collection of new features:
- Device Remembering – Cognito can remember the devices that each user signs in from.
- User Search – Search for users in a user pool based on an attribute.
- Customizable Email Addresses – Control the email addresses for emails to users in the user pool.
- Attribute Permissions – Set fine-grained permissions for each user attribute.
- Custom Authentication Flow – Use new APIs and Lambda triggers to customize the sign-in flow.
- Admin Sign-in – Your app can now sign in users from backend servers or Lambda functions.
- Global Sign-out – Allow a user to sign out from all signed-in devices or browsers.
- Custom Expiration Period – Set an expiration period for refresh tokens.
- API Gateway Integration – Allow user pool authentications to authenticate Amazon API Gateway requests.