Posted On: Mar 27, 2017
AWS has published a new Quick Start that automatically deploys Confluence Data Center into a highly available, secure AWS Cloud environment in less than 30 minutes.
Atlassian’s Confluence Data Center is a self-managed team collaboration solution. It provides high availability, performance at scale, and disaster recovery for uninterrupted access to Confluence for all your teams. This new release joins two other Atlassian offerings in the Quick Start catalog: Bitbucket Data Center on AWS and JIRA products on AWS.
The Quick Start includes AWS CloudFormation templates that set up the following Confluence Data Center environment on AWS:
- A virtual private cloud (VPC) configured with public and private subnets, to provide the network infrastructure for your Confluence deployment
- An Internet gateway to provide access to the Internet, and managed network address translation (NAT) gateways to allow outbound Internet access for resources in the private subnets
- In the private subnets, Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) PostgreSQL as the external database for Confluence
- In the private subnets, Auto Scaling groups with Confluence and Synchrony instances based on Amazon Linux
- Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) as the shared file system for storage
You can use the Quick Start to create a new VPC or to deploy the software into your existing AWS infrastructure.
The Quick Start also includes a guide with step-by-step deployment and configuration instructions and best practices to help you get the most out of Confluence Data Center on the AWS Cloud. To get started, use the following resources:
About Quick Starts
Quick Starts are automated reference deployments for key workloads on the AWS Cloud. Each Quick Start launches, configures, and runs the AWS compute, network, storage, and other services required to deploy a specific workload on AWS, using AWS best practices for security and availability. This is the latest in a series of Quick Starts built by AWS in collaboration with AWS partners to automate the deployment of popular products and technologies on AWS.