Posted On: Dec 18, 2018
We’re excited to announce the availability of Lumberyard Beta 1.17, which features over 70 slice workflow updates to help game developers get more done, faster. This release includes:
- Improved Slice Override Visualization - Now when using the entity outliner, you get a quick visual queue where you’ve made your changes. Changes to a slice entity are now highlighted in orange to notify you at a glance that something has been edited and should be saved or reverted.
- WYSIWYG Slice Editing - Manipulate slices by dragging and dropping entities onto each other or pulling them out from a slice to remove them. This more intuitive workflow will help you work faster and accomplish tasks that would have taken several clicks in the past.
- Save Dialog Box details on Edits - All details are now presented if you click on the advanced save option. If you’re dealing with many slices, there are now filter controls that help you default to added/removed entities.
- Updated Entity Outliner Search/Filtering Options - There are now options to sort alphabetically ascending/descending with additional toggles to scroll to a selected slice and/or expand the hierarchy.
- Editor Only Status - Set an entity as editor only and it will not show up in game / at runtime. This is helpful when working across disciplines or teams to drop in markers guiding developers on changes or areas that need lighting addressed.