Posted On: Jul 12, 2019
New AWS Public Datasets Available from Facebook, Yale, Allen Institute for Brain Science, NOAA, and others.
9 new or updated AWS Public Datasets are now available in the following categories:
- The Allen Brain Observatory has been expanded to include 100TB of neurophysiology data representing tens of thousands of neurons in the mouse visual system from Allen Institute for Brain Science.
- Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES) 16 & 17 Fire Detection and Characterization data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- Global Hydro Estimator (GHE) Instantaneous Rain Rate product from NOAA.
- 2018 Classified Point Cloud LiDAR of Washington, DC from the District of Columbia Office of the Chief Technology Officer.
- High Resolution Population Density Maps + Demographic Estimates by the Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN) at Columbia University and Facebook.
- Integrated Surface Database (ISD) from the NOAA.
- Global Historical Climatology Network Hourly (GHCN-H) from NOAA.
- National Water Model Short Range Forecast and Reanalysis version 2.0 from NOAA.
The AWS Public Dataset Program covers the cost of storage for publicly available high-value cloud-optimized datasets. We work with data providers who seek to:
- Democratize access to data by making it available for analysis on AWS.
- Develop new cloud-native techniques, formats, and tools that lower the cost of working with data.
- Encourage the development of communities that benefit from access to shared datasets.