Posted On: Sep 19, 2019
You can now use CloudFormation templates to configure and provision additional features for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon ElasticSearch Service(Amazon ES), and more AWS resources. CloudFormation periodically releases additional support, making it easier for developers to configure and provision AWS services.
With this release, CloudFormation users can:
- Suspend and resume automatic scaling in Amazon EC2 Autoscaling.
- Specify the ID of the ANOMALY_DETECTION_BAND function used as the threshold for Amazon CloudWatch alarms.
- Specify server side encryption in Amazon DynamoDB tables.
- Specify CPU options for the instance, and an identifier for an AWS KMS Customer Master Key under which an Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS) volume is encrypted for Amazon EC2 instances.
- Specify IPC resource namespace to use for the containers in the task, the process namespace for the containers in the task, deploy containerized applications that require stdin or a tty to be allocated, a list of namespaced kernel parameters to set in the container, and secrets to pass to the log configuration, for the Amazon ECS Task definition.
- Specify the ID of the AWS KMS key used to encrypt the disk on the cluster in an ElastiCache replication group.
- Specify zone awareness configuration options in Amazon ES domain.
- Specify an Amazon ECS task group for the task, the launch type on which your task is running, the VPC subnets and security groups associated with the task and whether a public IP address is to be used, and the platform version for the task for Amazon CloudWatch Events Rules.
- Specify a description for the role and specify a list of tags that are attached to the specified role in AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) roles.
- Specify the AWS IAM roles associated with the database instance, the type of restore to be performed, the identifier of the source database cluster from which to restore and whether to restore the database cluster to the latest restorable backup time for Amazon RDS database clusters.
- Specify the AWS IAM roles associated with the database instance in Amazon RDS DBInstance.
- The Region property in Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS) Subscription no longer requires replacement when updated.
These resources are now available in all public AWS Regions as well as all AWS GovCloud Regions. For more information, see the AWS Region Table.
For more information, please refer to the CloudFormation release history page.