Posted On: Nov 1, 2021
Today, AWS Transit Gateway Network Manager launched new APIs that enable you to perform automated analysis of your global network and allow you to build your own topological views for visualization purposes. You can get an aggregated view of your global network resources, analyze routes, and retrieve telemetry data across AWS regions using the following APIs:
- Describe the network resources for the global network (GetNetworkResources)
- Get the network health information of the global network (GetNetworkTelemetry)
- Get the network routes of a specific route table (GetNetworkRoutes)
- Get the network resource relationships of a specific resource (GetNetworkResourceRelationships)
- Get the count of network resources for the global network (GetNetworkResourceCounts)
In addition, you can now perform route analysis in your transit gateway route tables by calling the following APIs:
- Start analyzing the routing path between the source and destination (StartRouteAnalysis)
- Get route analysis results (GetRouteAnalysis)
- Update the resource metadata for the global network (UpdateNetworkResourceMetadata)
Using these APIs, you can programmatically verify that the transit gateway route table configuration will work as expected before you start sending live traffic, validate your existing route configuration, and diagnose route-related issues that are causing traffic disruption in your global network.
To get started using the AWS Transit Gateway Network Manager APIs, please refer to the API reference documentation.