Getting Started with AWS Directory Service
Managed Microsoft Active Directory in AWS
Getting started is easy. You can follow the steps below to launch a directory.
- Sign up for a new account or sign in to your existing account
- Launch a free AWS Managed Microsoft AD directory
- Create users and groups
- Join an Amazon EC2 instance to your domain
- Test single sign-on to a domain joined EC2 instance
AWS Directory Service offers a comprehensive set of directory options to support your cloud workloads. Learn about the best practices, choosing the best directory option for your use case, developer and administration guide in the AWS Directory Service documentation.
Tutorials and Guides
Get started with AWS Managed Microsoft AD quickly using the following tutorials and guides.
- Whitepaper: Active Directory on AWS - design and planning guide.
- Getting Started: How to create your AWS Managed Microsoft AD directory.
- How to manage users and groups in AWS Managed Microsoft AD.
- How to seamlessly domain join Amazon EC2 instances to a single AWS Managed Microsoft AD Directory from multiple accounts and VPCs.
- How to use Amazon EC2 Systems Manager to join an instance to your AWS Directory Service domain.
- How to monitor your AWS Managed Microsoft AD using Amazon CloudWatch Logs.
- How to connect to your existing Active Directory infrastructure.
- How to enable DHCP options set for your AWS directory.