Voice of AWS Energy Customers
Learn how bpx consolidated SCADA systems and Historians into a cloud data lake, optimized operations using machine learning, and enabled real-time edge intelligence with IoT at the wells.
In this re:Invent session, bp shared best practices for delivering high-bandwidth low-latency interconnectivity between bp and AWS.
In this video, Stewart Fry, VP of Enterprise Information Technology and Services for bp, shares the AWS and bp story.
Hear how bp is bp is using digital, big data, and advanced technologies to develop new ways to tackle emissions, improve its products, and create new low carbon businesses with AWS.
Transforming oil and gas production with AWS: Learn how Chesapeake is maximizing the uptime of oil and gas wells with AWS using Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, AWS Batch, and AWS Lambda as the data warehouse.
Learn how bp leverage the AWS Cloud and SAP to enhance business performance, accelerate their digital transformation, and streamline operations.
Webinars and podcasts
Andy Jassy explains how the cloud is continually changing the nature of business and explores breakthroughs in energy.
Bill Vass examines the cloud, AI, machine learning and other technologies transforming the energy industry.
Learn how Energy customers can leverage the AWS Cloud and SAP to enhance business performance.
HART Energy Webinar Series
- Accelerate Exploration and Production (E&P) Innovation without Infrastructure Constraints
Learn how AWS is democratizing High Performance Computing (HPC) and how customers can innovate faster than ever before. We’ll feature two AWS partners, S-Cube and Stone Ridge Technology, to speak about specific use cases around seismic processing and reservoir simulation.
- Transforming Oilfield Operations through a Cloud Process Control Network
Learn how bpx consolidated Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems and Historians into a cloud data lake, optimized operations using machine learning, and enabled real-time edge intelligence with IoT at the wells.
- Pathways and Principles for Energy Transformation
In this webinar, Professor Venkat Venkataraman and Arno van den Haak will discuss their latest e-book "Pathways and Principles for Energy Transformation" to help customers with their digital transformation efforts.
AWS Energy Cost Optimization Webinar Series
Learn about what AWS Cost Optimization tools exist to view and manage your costs. In this webinar, you’ll learn to see, manage, and optimize your costs. We’ll share best practices for daily management of your cloud costs, such as setting budget alerts, enforcing policies, and more.
- Getting Started With Cost Optimization
- Company-Wide Cost Optimization
- Compute Cost Optimization
- Storage Cost Optimization
Arno van den Haak on Oil and Gas Industry Leaders Podcast
Learn how AWS Energy can transform the core of your operations today and build the foundation for the future of energy with you.
Listen now »
Leading an Organization Through Cloud Transformation
Keisha Garcia, Cloud Transformation Program Director at bp, shares how she is leading bp through their cloud journey.
Listen now »
Thought leadership papers and customer stories
- eBook: Pathways and Principles for Energy Transformation
- The Energy Playbook: An Accelerator for Innovation and Transformation
- bp and AWS technology help make repairs more swiftly and help detect issues before they occur and take preventive action
- Osperity - Oil and gas companies investing in AI driven remote visual monitoring with exception-based alerting
- Lightsource bp releases smart-home energy management app twice as fast on AWS
- ExxonMobil Optimizing business processes for the future of energy
- Liberate your upstream exploration data in the cloud a guide to architecture and technology best practices
- bp Goes All-In on AWS for its European Mega Data Centers
Engage in thought leadership, news and case studies from AWS, our partners and customers.
HART Energy Blogs
AWS Energy Partner Videos
- Ambyint: Next Generation Production Optimization with Ambyint and AWS »
- Bluware: Start Leveraging the OSDU™ Data Platform to Integrate Interactive Deep Learning into Your Seismic Workflows »
- Bluware, INT, Interica: Subsurface Cloud Optimization & Transformation »
- ChampionX, WellAware: Oilfield Digital Transformation Success - How ChampionX’s Commitment to Excellence is Changing Oilfield Services for Good »
- Emerson: High-performance Workflow Automation with Big Loop on AWS »
- Emerson, QRI: AI-driven Reservoir Management through Streamlined Opportunity Identification & Ranking in the AWS Cloud »
- INT: Simplifying Geoscience ML Integration to Deliver End-to-End Workflows »
- INT, TGS: How to Optimize Energy Data Discovery & Enable Interoperability in the Cloud by Leveraging the OSDU™ Data Platform »
- QRI: How to Easily Implement Automated Machine Learning Workflows for Intelligent Prediction of Oil & Gas Opportunities »
- QRI: How to Simplify Machine Learning Solutions for Renewable Energy and Utilities »
- Softserve & Laredo: How Machine Learning Drives Artificial Lift Performance »
- WellAware: Connecting Oil & Gas to Artificial Intelligence »
Open Subsurface Data Universe (OSDU) Demos
AWS Energy Day 2019
We invite you to access several on-demand presentations featuring AWS customers and partners who share best practices and approaches focused on concepts like:
- Creating insights from novel seismic and reservoir simulation workflows,
- How to effectively use machine learning to optimize field development,
- How to improve production outcomes using next generation production monitoring solutions,
- And how the use of native cloud technologies can improve asset integrity and safety.
Open Subsurface Data Universe
Learn how AWS make a secure, reliable, global, cost-effective, and performant implementation of the OSDU standard available. Oil and gas operators will benefit from the reduced resource and cost burden of independently designing and validating a subsurface data platform. Software vendors will benefit from having a standard way to search, access, and store subsurface data.
Speakers: Kumar Lakshmipathi, Principal Solutions Architect, AWS; Phillip Jong, Chairman of the Open Subsurface Data Universe Forum, Open Group.
Seismic Data Management - Explor
The great seismic migration has begun. This session provides insights and pathways to unlock value at each step as you migrate seismic data to the cloud. Allowing companies to achieve high levels of operational integrity, elasticity, and agility, providing geoscientists instant access to data - with orders of magnitude in cost and time saving – to collaborate and make better decisions in planning with lower impact on the environment.
Speaker: Allan Châtenay, President, Explor.
Machine Learning Field Development Optimization – OAG Analytics
Learn how OAG Analytics seamlessly integrates Amazon SageMaker and TIBCO Spotfire to help upstream oil & gas companies improve drilling unit economics with unique well spacing insights.
Speaker: Luther Birdzell, Founder and CEO, OAG Analytics.
Limitless Reservoir Simulation – Computer Modeling Group (CMG)
Companies performing reservoir simulation face several challenges such as variable workloads, growing simulation needs, limited or aging hardware, and financial constraints. Cloud computing provides answers to these challenges and allows companies to maximize their employee efficiency, maximize their recovery factor, and ultimately maximize return on investment.
Speaker: Jim Erdle, VP, CMG.
Innovation at National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
Innovation does not have a clear-cut end. It is a continuous endeavor, where speed is one of the most important key performance indicators for digital business transformation. NOV will show how they are using AWS services to increase the speed of product innovation while at the same time, avoiding cloud sprawl to ensure cloud adoption for product development remains under control.
Speaker: Staale Jordan, Director, Product Information Technology, National Oilwell Varco.
AWS Energy Startup Central - Deep Imaging, Ondiflo, and Well Data Labs
This session highlights emerging technologies in Oil & Gas delivered by innovative industry start-ups: Deep Imaging, Ondiflo, and Well Data Labs. These start-ups spend 10 min each, pitching their innovations and vision to an audience of industry leaders, corporates, investors, and technologists.
Speakers: Josh Ulla, Chief Development Officer, Deep Imaging; Rana Basu, Chief Operating Officer, Ondiflo; Tim Buttrill, VP of Sales, Well Data Labs; Josh Churlik, CEO, Well Data Labs.
Hydrocarbon and Logistics Management - Tieto
Tieto’s world-leading oil and gas solutions (Energy Components and DaWinci) have been on the market for over 20 years. In this presentation, Tieto shares the journey in developing and evolving these products along with related services into cloud-ready solutions to meet the challenges of today and beyond.
Speaker: Per Christian Hauge, Director, Oil & Gas, Tieto.
Pipeline Optimization & Asset Integrity – GHD Digital
GHD shares how they use AWS services to develop real-time understanding of operational risk management for O&G midstream operators - by tying together pipeline optimization, asset management, and emergency response workflows.
Speaker: Ryan Apps, Practice Director, Digital Experience, North America, GHD Digital; Marc Falzone, Vice President/Principal, Oil & Gas Sector, GHD Digital.
Partnering with Amazon Business
- How Amazon Business and AWS are helping bp reshape the future of energy
- Chevron embraces digital transformation to simplify processes, and enable faster decisions
- ExxonMobil - Optimizing business processes for the future of energy
- Guest post: How ExxonMobil’s procurement team was prepared for business continuity