OSDU™ Data Platform on AWS
Advancing the future of energy with data at its center
Fuel innovation and define the future of energy with the fastest, most reliable, secure cloud provider for the OSDU Data Platform. Free your data from silos and legacy systems that hinder innovation and slow profitability. AWS partners with industry leaders to break through barriers and pave the way for your core business.
Fuel your next discovery
Increase operational efficiency
Geoscientists can spend up to 70% of their time searching for and managing data. With the OSDU Data Platform on AWS, you reduce this time spent managing data, so your best minds have more opportunity to focus on the next big innovation.
Leverage application flexibility
AWS has the largest community of active OSDU Data Platform application partners. Free from vendor lock- in, your data is secure and you get to choose the best applications that fit your unique workflows.
Uncover actionable insights
Transform decision-making with the broadest set of machine learning and AI services for your business. With AWS, machine learning models run 2x faster than other cloud providers, so you can get real-time insights from subsurface data and improve forecasts.
Accelerate your innovation
Significant investments in renewables give AWS an infrastructure 3.6x more energy efficient than the median surveyed enterprise data centers. That means workloads running on AWS have an 88% lower carbon footprint than comparable workloads run on premise.
The AWS Difference
AWS offers high performance computing with the broadest and deepest set of machine learning and AI services. With low latency, increased throughput, and scalability, you’ll save on time and budget.
Your data is securely stored in your AWS account, and you control who can access it at any given moment. With continuous monitoring for real-time security, only the right resources have the right access at all times.
With best-in-class reliability (26x fewer downtime hours than the next largest cloud provider), AWS has earned the trust of more energy partners and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) than any other cloud provider.
AWS has the most compliance security certifications and accreditations in the market. Data is distributed in 3+ physical Availability Zones (AZs), and retrievals are as quick as 1–5 minutes.
savings per year
50 - 100x
faster data search workflow
The OSDU Data Platform gives you the tools to liberate your data and accelerate your workflow. With fine-tuned control over business processes, you’ll reduce silos and gain access to data—creating opportunities for new field discoveries and automation of subsurface workloads.
Increase efficiency of exploration with an on-demand high performance computing platform, common data repository, and collaborative geological and geophysical workflows.
Improve workflow and lower operational costs. Quickly run and test simulations and use collaborative workspaces for reservoir engineering to develop plans for increased recovery.
Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage (CCUS)
Use the platform and ISVs to understand which reservoirs are targets for CCUS. Develop plans for energy transition and decarbonization.
See OSDU in action
Our energy partners are driving innovation with the OSDU Data Platform on AWS. Learn how these partners worked together to overcome common challenges in accessing and processing subsurface data.
OSDU Energy Data Platform on AWS R3 Kick Off
See how our partners are driving innovations in the energy sector by putting their solutions to work with OSDU.
- 47Lining: Enterprise PaaS via AWS Marketplace »
- 47Lining: Simplifying OSDU Data Platform Adoption »
- Accenture: Deploy and deliver managed services for the OSDU Data Platform »
- Bluware: Bluware and AWS revolutionizing subsurface data in the cloud »
- DGI: Import and visualize OSDU data flawlessly using the DGI CoViz4D OSDU web plug-in »
- Emerson: Leverage Emerson’s leading-edge G&G software to directly utilize seismic and well data stored in OSDU »
- geoLOGIC: Search, send and collaborate with PDM (powered by SSIO) on the AWS implementation of OSDU »
- Geophysical Insights: Proof of Concept for Geophysical Insights' Paradise® AI Workbench
- Geoteric: Cloud-native Seismic Interpretation with AWS »
- Halliburton: Data & Analytics Solution with DecisionSpace365 »
- Halliburton, INT, and AWS: Data interoperability on the OSDU data platform »
- Ikon Science: Run RokDoc directly from the web-browser via Curate integrated on AWS for OSDU »
- Ikon Science Press Release: Ikon Science announces collaboration with AWS »
- INT: Energy Data Visualization powered by IVAAP's integration on AWS for OSDU »
- Intel: Accelerate seismic inference with Intel's OpenVINO™ integrated on AWS for OSDU »
- Interica: Achieve value faster on the OSDU Data Platform with Interica OneView »
- Interica: Part Two - Achieve value faster on the OSDU Data Platform with Interica OneView »
- IHSM: Driving NOJV data decisions through the OSDU™ Data Platform »
- Osokey: Automated data ingestion and serverless visualization for faster data discovery »
- SoftServe: Well Data Processing and Lithofacies Prediction »
- Tape Ark: Seismic tape conversion direct to the OSDU Data Platform on AWS »
- tde: Automated well operations planning supported by the OSDU Data Platform on AWS »
- TIBCO: Unlock opportunities in analytics with Spotfire's seamless consumption of OSDU data »
*OSDU is a trademark of The Open Group.