What does this AWS Solutions Implementation do?
This solution prevents attackers from tampering with quality data by using Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (Amazon QLDB) to maintain an accurate history of data changes.
Data tampering is costly for manufacturing companies. Use Amazon QLDB’s cryptographic hashing to track all document revisions written to the database.
This solution provides three options to register and input your factory device quality data to Amazon QLDB: Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), or AWS IoT Core.
AWS Solutions Implementation overview
The diagram below represents the architecture flow that you can automatically deploy using the solution's implementation guide and accompanying AWS CloudFormation template.
Tamper Proof Quality Data Using Amazon QLDB Solutions Implementation architecture
The AWS CloudFormation template deploys the following infrastructure:
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) to provide the endpoint for Amazon API Gateway.
- Amazon API Gateway to provide an API to register or update the product information.
- An AWS Lambda function to register and update the product information via Amazon API Gateway.
- Amazon VPC to provide the endpoint for Amazon S3.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) to store the product quality data such as images or videos.
- A Lambda function hooks s3:ObjectCreated:Put events to store the metadata of the files.
- AWS IoT Core connect to the devices to update the product information.
- A Lambda function is invoked by AWS IoT Core that also allows you to update the production information.
- Amazon QLDB to maintain an accurate history of data changes.
Note: The factory devices described in the figure are not deployed by the template.
Browse our library of AWS Solutions Implementations to get answers to common architectural problems.
Find AWS certified consulting and technology partners to help you get started.
Browse our portfolio of Consulting Offers to get AWS-vetted help with solution deployment.