AWS Storage Gateway Hardware Appliance
A dedicated physical appliance for on-premises deployments
Benefits, use cases and ordering information
Since this is a dedicated appliance, you can expect consistent and predictable performance for your applications that are using the Storage Gateway Hardware Appliance. The Storage Gateway Hardware Appliance integrates seamlessly into existing IT environments as it supports standard storage protocols such as NFS, SMB, and iSCSI.
The AWS Storage Gateway Hardware Appliance is available exclusively through resellers. Please contact your preferred reseller for purchasing information and to request a quote. Customers in the United States and Canada can also purchase the appliance directly from CDW.
Element Biosciences is creating a brand-new DNA sequencing platform to meet diverse and ever-changing needs in this dynamic market. Element's mission is to empower customers with disruptive DNA sequencing technology in an open and collaborative manner to advance genomics research as a community.
"With AWS Storage Gateway, Element Biosciences is able to store vast amounts of research data that is generated on premises, and then process that data in AWS using our cloud-based processing engine. This enables us to maximize our infrastructure utilization and further advance our genomics research in a more agile manner."
Lance Smith, Director of Information Technology – Element Biosciences
The Storage Gateway Hardware Appliance comes with Storage Gateway software pre-installed on a validated server configuration. It is designed to provide consistent performance across deployments, making ongoing management easy. The current specifications include:
- Pre-loaded AWS Storage Gateway software
- 1RU, rack-mountable server appliance
- Choice of 5TB or 12TB usable enterprise SSD cache storage
- 4 x 10GbE DA/SFP+ ports, supports 1/10G Intel compatible optical modules (SR or LR), Twinax DACs, 1/10G-BaseT copper transceivers
- Dual hot-swap redundant power supplies
- 3 year hardware warranty, with next business day parts replacement and onsite field technician support - accessed and coordinated through your normal AWS support channels