Posted On: Oct 22, 2020
You can now use Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS) FIFO topics, in combination with Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS) FIFO queues, to build applications that require messages to be sent and processed in a strict sequence and without duplicates. SNS FIFO is intended for customer use cases where it is critical to maintain the consistency in processing messages across multiple independent services in a strictly ordered manner. Example use cases include bank transaction logging, stock tickers, flight trackers, news broadcasting, inventory management, vote tabulation, and price updates.
Amazon SNS is a fully managed, reliable, and highly available pub/sub messaging service that enables you to decouple microservices, distributed systems, and serverless applications. Both standard and FIFO topics support fanning out messages to multiple subscriptions with high durability, filtering, encryption, and privacy, while FIFO topics provide the added benefit of ordering and deduplication of messages. Using SNS FIFO topics and SQS FIFO queues together, you can now build modern applications that leverage a publish/subscribe architecture without writing custom code for ordering and message deduplication.
At launch, Amazon SNS FIFO is available in 22 AWS Regions and you can create SNS FIFO topics by using the AWS Software Development Kit (SDK), AWS Command Line Interface (CLI), AWS Management Console, or AWS CloudFormation.
To learn more about Amazon SNS FIFO topics, see the following:
- Introducing Amazon SNS FIFO – First-In-First-Out Pub/Sub Messaging and Building event-driven architectures with Amazon SNS FIFO blog posts
- Amazon SNS FIFO topics and Amazon SQS FIFO queues in their respective developer guides
- For details on pricing, visit the Amazon SNS pricing page
- For details on service quotas, visit the AWS General Reference guide
- Log in to the Amazon SNS console to get started