Join us for our complimentary, 6th annual Government, Education and Nonprofits Symposium June 25-26, 2015 in Washington, DC. It is one of the world’s largest public sector cloud events. The Symposium includes presentations by government, education, and nonprofit leaders and technical professionals across the world sharing how cloud services help them achieve their missions. Keynotes will be held at the Convention Center while remaining program will be held at the Marriott Marquis. Below is a sample of some of the sessions in this year’s program.
Keynote on June 25 - Paving the Way and Making a Difference: Teresa Carlson, Vice President of Worldwide Public Sector, Amazon Web Services, will discuss cloud computing’s critical role in driving innovation among governments, educational institutions and nonprofits, as well as how the transformative power of technology is making the world a better place. The keynote session will also feature stories from a number of organizations that have implemented AWS technology.
View the full keynote video here.
- Teresa Carlson, Vice President, Worldwide Public Sector, Amazon Web Services, Herndon, Virginia
- Jon Booth, Director, Website & New Media Group, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. View the keynote here.
- Chan Cheow Hoe, Singapore Government Chief Information Officer, Assistant Chief Executive (Government Chief Information Office), Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore. View the keynote here.
- David Ohana, Chief of Brand, UNICEF. View the keynote here.
- Mark Schwartz, Chief Information Officer, Department of Homeland Security, USCIS. View the keynotes here.
- Mike Wagers, Chief Operating Officer, Seattle Police Department. View the keynote here.
Keynote on June 26 - Global CIO/CTO Fireside Chat: An engaging conversation between Jay Carney, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Amazon and Former White House Press Secretary and senior government IT leaders from around the world. They will share perspectives on the changing government IT landscape and their strategies for adopting breakthrough technology to serve citizens.
- Jay Carney, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Amazon
- Chan Cheow Hoe, Singapore Government Chief Information Officer, Assistant Chief Executive (Government Chief Information Office), Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore
- Wade Daley, Chief Technology Officer, Government of Canada
- Liam Maxwell, Chief Technology Officer, UK Government
- Tony Scott, Chief Information Officer, United States
View keynote here.
Women in Technology Panel, June 26: Hear from female leaders in technology as they share their perspectives on the transformative change that they are seeing in the technology landscape.
- Teresa Carlson, Vice President, Worldwide Public Sector, Amazon Web Services, Herndon, Virginia
- Beth Ann Bergsmark, Interim Deputy CIO and AVP Chief Enterprise Architect, University Information Services, Georgetown University
- Carmen Kruger, Senior Vice President, SAP Cloud
- Janice C. Haith, Director, Deputy Chief Information Officer, Department of the Navy (Navy) (DDCIO)
- Rebecca Mark, Senior Advisor to House Republican Conference Chairman at U.S. House of Representatives
View keynote here.
- Michael Ernst, Atlas Computing Facility Director, U.S. Department of Energy's Brookhaven National Laboratory
- Nick Gaw, Director of Engineering, Democratic National Committee
- Sunil Chopra, Senior Software Engineer, Democratic National Committee
- Alberto Manrique, Senior Systems Engineer, Democratic National Committee
- Elizabeth Boudreau, Director of IT, Boston Children's Hospital
- Matt Goodrich, Director, FedRAMP, General Services Administration
- Chris Chiancone, Chief Information Officer for City of McKinney
- Beth Ann Bergsmark, Assistant Vice President and Chief Enterprise Architect, Georgetown University
- Q. Wade Billings Sr. Director of Global IT Shared Services, Instructure
- Jeffrey Gentile, DevOps Engineer, The Common Application Inc
- Sara Mosley, DHS TIC PMO, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Vivien Bonazzi, Associate Director for Data Science Office, National Institutes of Health
- Peter White, Director, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Ben Langmead, Assistant Professor at Johns Hopkins University, Department of Computer Science
- Aaron Black, Director of Informatics, INOVA
- Jon Booth, Director CMS Web and New Media, Healthcare.gov HHS
- Michael Donnelly, Geospatial Data Architect, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Kimberly Becht, Deputy Director, Web Presence, Office of the CIO, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Hassan Adekoya, Director, Enterprise Geospatial Technology, NYC Department of Transportation
- Chris Spence, Chief Information Officer, National Democratic Institute
- George Estrada, Chief Information Officer, Center for American Progress
- Maia Hansen, Presidential Innovation Fellow, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Mike Wagers, Chief Operating Officer, Seattle Police Department
- Sanjay Sardar, Chief Information Officer, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Bob Micielli, Chief Information Officer, King County
- Niranjan Nagar, Chief Technology Officer, Civitas
- Lige Hensley, Chief Technology Officer, Ivy Tech Community College
- Ian Dees, Co-founder of OpenAddresses, OpenAddresses
- Anthony Algmin, Vice President of Analytics, Chicago Transit Authority
- Joe Paiva, Chief Information Officer, International Trade Administration
- Eric Geiger, Managing Director IT Operations, Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago
- Jennifer Gustetic, Assistant Director Open Innovation White House OSTP, White House OSTP
- Robert Carozzoni, Lead Enterprise Cloud Strategist, Cornell University
- Chris Rasmussen, Public Open Source Software Development Lead, National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- Mark Chambers, Sustainability and Energy Management Director, Washington, D.C. Department of General Services
- Ian Kalin, Chief Data Officer, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Sarah Christen, Cloudification Services, Cornell University
- Colonel Wilder, Office of the Secretary of Defense, U.S. Air Force
- Sarah Christen, Cloudification Services, Cornell University
- Alex S. Voultepsis, Chief, Engineering & Planning IC SOG, NSA
- Marco Merens, Acting Chief, Integrated Aviation Analysis Section, Air Navigation Bureau, International Civil Aviation Organization, Intl Civil Aviation authority (part of UN)
- Ryan Frazier, Director of Infrastructure Customer and Project Services (ICAPS) with Harvard University IT
- Karen Petraska, Service Executive for Computing Services, NASA
- John Mark Mitchell, Director of Digital Innovation, American Bible Society
- Dave Mcclure, Data Asset Portfolio Analyst, NOAA
- Mark Schwartz, Chief Information Officer, U.S. Department of Homeland Security CIS
- Akbar Hamid, Director of Infrastructure, CSS
|Friday, June 26, 2015|
|7:30AM - 6:00PM||Registration Opens|
|8:00AM - 10:00AM||Keynote and Breakfast: Global CIO Fireside Chat
and Women in Technology Panel
|10:00AM - 10:30AM||Networking Break|
|10:00AM - 6:00PM||Exhibit Hall Opens|
|10:30AM - 11:15AM||Amazon Directory Services, Amazon WorkSpaces,
Amazon WorkMail, and Amazon WorkDocs
|10:30AM - 11:15AM||Bring DevOps to the Cloud with Data as a Service|
|10:30AM - 11:15AM||C2S Tech Tips|
|10:30AM - 11:15AM||Cloud Transformation Strategies|
|10:30AM - 11:15AM||DoD Cloud Adoption Updates and SRG Review|
|10:30AM - 11:15AM||Going 'All-In' on AWS - Customer Stories|
|10:30AM - 11:15AM||NASA Head in the Clouds Success Story|
|10:30AM - 11:15PM||Hybrid IT Approach and Technologies with the AWS Cloud
|10:30AM - 3:45PM||Hands-On Labs|
|11:15AM - 11:30AM||Networking Break|
|11:30AM - 12:15PM||Acquisition Strategies and Contract Vehicles in the Public Sector|
|11:30AM - 12:15PM||Amazon Workspaces Application Manager|
|11:30AM - 12:15PM||AWS as a Data Platform for Cloud and On-Premise Workloads|
|11:30AM - 12:15PM||Cloud Adoption Strategies in Higher Education|
|11:30AM - 12:15PM||DevOps in AWS - You build IT, You Own It|
|11:30AM - 12:15PM||Encryption Revolution: Protecting Your Data
With KMS and CloudHSM
|11:30AM - 12:15PM||Modernizing Government for Better Citizen Services|
|12:30PM - 2:00PM||Lunch in Exhibit Hall|
|2:00PM - 2:45PM||AWS GovCloud (US) – A Deep Dive into Compliance|
|2:00PM - 2:45PM||Big Data and Analytics on AWS|
|2:00PM - 2:45PM||Defending Your Workloads Against the Next
|2:00PM - 2:45PM||Disaster Recovery, Continuity of Operations,
Backup and Archive on AWS
|2:00PM - 2:45PM||For Partners: An Overview of the AWS Partner
Network and Updates to the WWPS Partner Program
|2:00PM - 2:45PM||Hybrid Cloud to Transform Your Organization|
|2:00PM - 2:45PM||Recruiting: AWS Veteran Hiring Programs|
|2:00PM - 2:45PM||Transparency and Control with AWS CloudTrail and AWS Config|
|2:00PM - 2:45PM||Networking Break|
|3:00PM - 3:45PM||AWS Direct Connect|
|3:00PM - 3:45PM||Big Data in The Cloud: Architecting a Better Platform|
|3:00PM - 3:45PM||For Partners: How to Build Your Business on AWS|
|3:00PM - 3:45PM||Recruiting: Transforming Your Career From Military to Civilian|
|3:00PM - 3:45PM||Running Microsoft Workloads on AWS|
|3:00PM - 3:45PM||Security Innovation Roundtable|
|3:00PM - 3:45PM||Selling Software in the AWS GovCloud (US) Region|
|3:45PM - 6:00PM||Closing Reception|
Intel Fosters Innovation Worldwide. But we do so much more. Through computing innovation, we push the boundaries of smart an connected technology to make amazing experiences possible for every person on Earth. From powering the latest devices and the cloud you depend on, to driving policy, diversity, sustainability and education, we create value for our stockholders, customers and society.
CloudCheckr provides cost management, security, and compliance visibility so that users can confidently maximize their AWS usage and agility. Key features include: Reserve Instance purchasing recommendations, idle resource warnings, comprehensive detailed billing analysis for cost tracking and allocation, and fully configurable budget alerts. Users also enjoy 300+ proprietary best practice checks, 24 hour continuous monitoring with CloudTrail and Config integration, perimeter security tracking, and customizable email alerts.
CloudCheckr offers a free trial, so try it today at https://app.cloudcheckr.com/LogOn !
InfoReliance is a consulting firm serving customers across the federal government, health care and commercial industries. We uniquely leverage our software engineering, cloud computing, cyber security, and enterprise IT services to deliver forward-thinking, future-ready solutions to our customer’s evolving, complex business problems and technology challenges.
InfoReliance customers to date include more than 30 defense and federal civilian agencies and departments. Working with us is made easy by our team of acquisition experts and variety of contract vehicles, which include GSA Schedule 70, NASA SEWP V and NITAA CIO-CS GWACs, as well as AWS Marketplace.
Government agencies understand the need to change how they communicate with citizens. Adobe helps the public sector make this change with cloud-based solutions that create better experiences and measure impact — while keeping critical content secure across all devices. Now government can use digital tools to tailor the right messages with customer expectations.
By partnering with Adobe, government can stay ahead of customer needs and provide rich content across the web, mobile, and social channels. This leads to Experiences that are more streamlined, more engaging, and more efficient.
Change is not only possible in government. Today its required. Adobe can help.
Cloudability’s AWS Cost Management platform provides company-wide cost monitoring, optimization, and governance across all of your AWS accounts.
Our SaaS-based solution allows anyone in your Finance, Ops/IT, Product and Executive teams to allocate spending, find underutilized resources, optimize Reserved Instances, and ensure efficiency in your AWS infrastructure.
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) is a global leader of next generation information technology services and solutions. CSC’s North American Public Sector leverages commercial best practices and proven technologies to bring scalable, more cost-effective IT solutions to government agencies seeking efficiency through innovation. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.csc.com/government.
Delphix is the market leader in Data as a Service, which helps enterprises accelerate application projects by 50%, including ERP rollouts, custom development, and migrations to private and public clouds. Delphix provides its DaaS Platform as on-premises or cloud software that automatically delivers the right data to the right team at the right time, instead of relying on complex processes and multiple IT teams to manually move unsecured data across systems. Over 20% of the Fortune 100 use Delphix to deliver data 99% faster across development, testing, and reporting environments, driving dramatic increases in productivity while improving data security.
Evident.io is the leader in security and compliance automation for AWS. The Evident Security Platform (ESP) helps organizations proactively manage security risk and compliance of AWS infrastructure with a single pane of glass view across all AWS accounts, services, and regions. ESP manages the complexity and rapid change of public cloud infrastructure by automating threat detection, incident response, and compliance through the continuous monitoring and analysis of configuration and usage data. With ESP security and compliance teams are more productive and efficient while creating a more proactive and adaptive security posture and a process for continuous compliance.
Leading organizations worldwide count on NetApp for software, systems and services to manage and store their data. Customers value our teamwork, expertise and passion for helping them succeed now and into the future. www.netapp.com
Smart, simple, security that fits
Trend Micro, a global leader in IT security, develops innovative security solutions that make the world safe for businesses & consumers to exchange digital information. With over 25 years of security expertise, Trend Micro is recognized as the market leader in cloud and datacenter security, and business content security. Our solutions protect end users on any device, optimize security for the modern data center, and secure networks against breaches from targeted attacks. Trend Micro delivers top-ranked client-server, network, and cloud-based protection that stops new threats faster, detects breaches better, & protects data in physical, virtual, & cloud environments.
A&T serves Federal Government, State, and Local Governments and hospitals and practices. We have built a reputation as a go-to solution provider for mission critical IT and telecommunications infrastructure services. Once customers get to know us, they find us a Go-To vendor because of our adherence to what we call our FRISC principles: we are flexible, responsive, innovative, stable, and cost-effective.
As a solution provider, we help our customers achieve specific practical and significant outcomes through our holistic approach to their complex problems—considering all issues including technology, organizational constraints, security, financing, logistics, and operations.
Accenture Federal Services, a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Va., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP. Accenture’s federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations with clients at defense, intelligence, public safety and civilian agencies.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 323,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$30.0 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2014.
Booz Allen Hamilton has been at the forefront of strategy and technology for more than 100 years. Today, the firm provides management and technology consulting and engineering services to governments in the civil, defense, and intelligence markets, global corporations, and not-for-profit organizations. Booz Allen partners with private and public sector clients to solve their most difficult challenges. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, the firm employs more than 22,500 people globally, and had revenue of $5.27 billion for the 12 months ended March 31, 2015. To learn more, visit www.boozallen.com. (NYSE: BAH)
DLT Solutions has been dedicated to solving public sector IT challenges for more than 20 years. As a top provider of IT solutions, we leverage strategic partnerships with leading IT companies to develop best-fit solutions for our customers.
Our sales, integration, and support experts have the certifications and experience to help customers at any level of any agency or institution. We have in-depth knowledge of government-mandated requirements and initiatives in areas such as a cloud computing, cybersecurity, and consolidation.
As the government and IT landscape evolves, DLT Solutions will continue to adapt and provide emerging technology solutions to our customers.
Built from the Ground Up for Public Sector.
Public Sector organizations face unique challenges. The services you provide and the needs you work to meet are as diverse as your constituents. Add resource constraints to the mix, and the puzzle of how to effectively serve a 21st century populous becomes even more difficult to solve. Few industries have a greater need for purpose-built, flexible software solutions, and few organizations have more experience delivering them than Infor. Serving over 3900 public sector organizations, Infor offers the most complete, integrated, end-to-end solution for the public sector.
Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) provides the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence. Splunk® software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices. More than 9,000 enterprises, government agencies, universities and service providers in over 100 countries use Splunk software to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Splunk products include Splunk® Enterprise, Splunk Cloud™, Splunk Storm®, Hunk®, Splunk Analytics for Hadoop and premium Splunk Apps. To learn more, please visit www.splunk.com.
Incentive Technology Group (ITG), a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB), is an information technology and management consulting firm offering integrated, strategic solutions to our public and private sector clients. As an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner and cloud service provider, ITG is at the forefront of enabling Agencies to meet Federal “Cloud First” initiatives securely and reliably. Our success is based upon proven methodologies and on strict alignment to ITIL, PMBoK, and CMMI standards. Our work has been commended with numerous awards including the 2014 GSA Office of Small Business Utilization Mentor/Protégé of the Year Award.
Amazon Web Services and Red Hat® have teamed to offer Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) on Amazon EC2, providing a complete, enterprise-class computing environment with the simplicity and scalability of AWS. Red Hat maintains the base RHEL images for Amazon EC2. AWS customers receive updates at the same time that updates are made available from Red Hat, so your computing environment remains reliable and secure and your RHEL-certified apps maintain their supportability.
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, using a community-powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, virtualization, storage, Linux, and middleware technologies.
Smartronix is an IT provider specializing in cloud technologies. Our landmark, cost-saving Cloud AssuredTM services leverage the power and scalability of the cloud. We deliver secure and compliant solutions that transform and modernize business operations, having helped many highly regulated Federal and DoD agencies, and some of the world’s most recognizable commercial enterprises achieve success in migrating to the cloud. Smartronix is in a very select and distinct group of companies as an AWS Premier Consulting Partner for three consecutive years and was recently named an AWS Managed Service Partner, enhancing our unique qualifications and expertise in cloud environments.