IAM helps you manage access to your AWS resources. Using IAM, you can manage who can use your AWS resources (authentication) and what resources they can use and in what ways (authorization).
Use the resources on this page to learn how to get started with IAM.
Tutorials and guides
Get started with IAM quickly by using the following tutorials and guides:
- What is IAM and what can I do with it?
- User Guide: Getting Started
- How to create a new IAM user
- Tutorial: Delegate Access to the Billing Console
- Tutorial: Delegate Access Across AWS Accounts by Using IAM Roles
- Tutorial: Create and Attach Your First Customer Managed Policy
- Tutorial: Enable Your Users to Configure Their Own Credentials and MFA Settings