The AWS Managed Service Program provides qualified APN Partners with technical and business benefits to deliver AWS Cloud services as business solutions to AWS Customers.
The program is designed for APN Consulting Partners who are skilled at cloud infrastructure and application migration, and deliver value to customers by offering proactive monitoring, automation, and management of their customer’s environment.
Learn more about the AWS Managed Service Program, benefits, and how to get started below.
- Eligible for Free AWS Usage Credits for Development
- Eligible for Free AWS Usage Credits for Customer Proof of Concepts
- Eligible for FastTrack Funding Package
- Access to NDA Roadmap Webinars
- Eligible for AWS Professional Services Workshops
- Access to MSP Best Practices Guides, Whitepapers, & Resource Library
- Eligible for Additional AWS Training Subsidies
- Reduced Price Certification Bootcamp Class and Free Practice Exam Voucher
|APN Membership||Advanced or Premier APN Consulting Partner (view requirements)|
|AWS Billings||$50,000/month in AWS Revenue (direct/indirect)|
|Customer Engagements||≥ 3 AWS Customer References (at least 1 public)|
||≥ 4 Associate-level certifications; > 2 Professional-level certifications
||≥ 2 Trained Staff System Operations on AWS or DevOps Engineering on AWS*|
|MSP Validation||Download the AWS Managed Service Partner Validation Checklist to prepare for operational process and capabilities review
*AWS Training requirements can be superseded by the following Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional; AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate; AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional. If superseded, the minimum personnel requirement is 4 AWS Certifications.
- Step #1: APN Membership
- Step #2: Build Practice
- Step #3: Prepare for Validation
- Step #4: Apply for Managed Service Program
To get started in the Managed Service Program, you must register as a Consulting Partner with the AWS Partner Network (APN) and upgrade to the Standard Tier. Follow the steps below to complete APN registration and receive access to the APN Portal.
- APN Consulting Partner Registration: Register your firm at no cost via the APN Consulting Partner Registration
- Log in to the APN Portal: Once registered, your firm will receive an email with your APN Portal login credentials and temporary password. Using those credentials, log in to the APN Portal
- Add Portal Users: To add APN Portal users from your firm, send the APN Portal Self-Registration link to activate their logins
- Update Partner Scorecard: Track your firm’s AWS success (customer wins, training, etc.) via your Partner Scorecard in the APN Portal
Have Additional Questions? Search the APN Knowledge Base.
In order to qualify to the AWS Managed Service Program, Partners must demonstrate the skills and knowledge to effectively leverage AWS solutions to their customers. Partners interested in applying to the program are encouraged to utilize the below tools to build their AWS practice.
- Earn APN Partner Accreditations: APN offers Partners e-learning courses to help technical and business individuals to deepen their knowledge of AWS services. Accreditation courses are available online via the APN Portal at no cost.
- Earn AWS Certifications: Get validation for your proven experience with AWS. AWS Certifications recognize IT professionals who demonstrate the skills and technical knowledge necessary for designing, deploying, and managing applications on AWS. We offer certification across technical roles and levels of proficiency. Visit the AWS Certification page to learn more.
- Refer to AWS Reference Architecture Center: Apply guidance and best practices from the AWS Architecture Center to build highly scalable and reliable applications in the AWS Cloud.
- Sign up for AWS Support: AWS recommends that all partners have at least baseline technical support from AWS in order to serve their end customers on AWS. To select an AWS Support plan to best fit your firm’s needs, please review Support Plans and pricing here.
Upgrade your APN Membership: Once your firm meets APN’s Standard Tier requirements, apply to upgrade to receive additional APN benefits. Partners interested in upgrading their APN membership, can submit their application by following the below steps:
An essential component of the AWS Managed Service Program is the partner capabilities audit. The audit process is based on the criteria outlined in the AWS Managed Service Program Partner Validation Checklist and will be performed by an independent third party.
Step #1: Perform Self-Assessment
- Download the Partner Validation Checklist from the APN Portal and perform self-assessment.
Step #2: Prepare for Audit
- Gather objective evidence corresponding to the checklist items, to be shared as a part of the audit.
- Compile list of required participants and potential dates for the audit to occur.
Step #3: Send Completed Self-Assessment
- Send completed self-assessment to email@example.com when you are ready to schedule your capabilities audit.
Note: The APN Partner’s cost for the Managed Service Program audit will be $3,000 USD, plus auditor travel costs paid to the auditing firm.
APN Partners who’ve demonstrated success on AWS are encouraged to apply for the AWS Managed Service Program. Follow the steps below to submit your firm’s application:
- Update Partner Scorecard: Before submitting your application, please make sure your firm’s Partner Scorecard is up-to-date. To access your Partner Scorecard, log in to the APN Portal and click on “View Partner Scorecard” found in the left navigation.
- Complete AWS Managed Service Program Application: Complete the final step by submitting the AWS Managed Service application. Note: You will not see the AWS Managed Service Program application in your APN Scorecard until program prerequisites are met.
- Log in to the APN Portal
- Scroll to "Program Details" section
- Select "Update" next to AWS Managed Service Program
- Fill out Program Application & Click "Submit"
Once submitted, a member of the AWS Managed Service Team will reach out with next steps.
If your firm has any questions regarding the program or application, please review the APN Knowledge Base.