Amazon Web Services and Red Hat have teamed to offer Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) on Amazon EC2, providing a complete, enterprise-class computing environment with the simplicity and scalability of AWS. Red Hat maintains the base RHEL images for Amazon EC2. AWS customers receive updates at the same time that updates are made available from Red Hat, so computing environment remains reliable and secure and RHEL-certified apps maintain supportability.
OpenShift by Red Hat is a platform as a service (PaaS) solution that gives development and IT operations teams the ability to accelerate application delivery with the speed and consistency that business demand. OpenShift is based on Docker-formatted Linux containers, Kubernetes orchestration, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, and provides full support from the operating system to application runtimes.
OpenShift provides the following features:
- Standard containers API
- Web-scale container orchestration and management with Kubernetes
- Container-optimized Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 operating system
- Robust tools and interfaces for development and operations
- Industry-standard, web-scale distributed application platform
To get started, use the following resources:
AWS customers can quickly deploy and scale compute resources, according to their business needs, with flexible purchase options for RHEL:
- Pay-as-you-go. Provision resources on-demand, as computing needs grow, without long-term commitments or upfront costs.
- Reserved Instances. Lower cost further by purchasing compute resources with a one-time, upfront payment.
- Bring existing subscription. Customers with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Premium subscriptions can use Red Hat Cloud Access to move subscriptions to Amazon EC2.
For more information about pricing and purchasing via on-demand and reserved instances, visit the Amazon EC2 pricing page. Visit Red Hat's website for more information on Red Hat Cloud Access for Amazon EC2.
Find answers to common questions about RHEL on Amazon EC2 on the FAQs page.
|November 2016||RHEL 7.3 available on AWS Console|
|August 2015||AWS launches Opsworks support for RHEL 7.1|
||RHEL for SAP HANA Presentation at the 2015 RedHat Summit in Boston|
||RHEL for SAP HANA is available on AWS Marketplace|
||RHEL 7.1 available on AWS|
||RHEL Atomic and JBoss BYOS available on RedHat Cloud Access|
Quickly and easily explore Red Hat solutions deployed on AWS for free. The available solutions are JBoss, JBoss Fuse, JBoss BRMS, JBoss, BPM Suite, Openshift and Red Hat storage.
Find and deploy different options of Red Hat AMIs (Amazon Machine Images) available on the AWS Marketplace.