Marketing Data Hub for optimizing media spend and finding the right marketing mix
One of the most common problems in the field of marketing is to understand attribution of marketing dollars to sales. According to a Boston Consulting Group report, almost 5% of sales is directly attributed to marketing, and increasingly there is a desire and focus to measure how marketing activities are influencing sales. The key ingredient to measure the marketing success is the data available with marketing agencies, demand-side platforms (DSPs), and media agencies, and thus calls for a processed data store that can be utilized by different teams for further analysis on KPIs like campaign performance and ad spend.
Sigmoid recently delivered this solution for one of the largest convenience food manufacturing companies, where more than 35+ data sources were ingested that resulted in 2.5 times faster insights.
Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America
Collect data faster
Get 50% faster data collection and enrichment
Get a single source of truth
10+ tactics monitored with interactive visualizations
Measure effectivenes of ad-spend
2.5x faster turnaround time for insights generation
Integrate many data sources
Integrate more than 35+ data sources
How it works
About this consultant
How it works
- Typically, the engagement starts with a scoping exercise where Sigmoid conducts discussions with the marketing and IT/data team. The intent is to understand existing and new data sources, data engineering and management processes, and current business goals, like return on ad spend (ROAS), return on marketing investments (ROMI), and key technical constraints. After the scoping exercise, a scope of work (SOW) document is shared with the customer, incorporating key shortcomings, major goals, the solution approach, timelines, effort estimation, workload/tool choices on cloud, data sources, file formats, connectivity methodology (SFTP, API, web-scraping, XLS, and CSV, to name a few), best practices, and a detailed technical architecture.
- Once the customer is aligned, a team of data engineers and architects headed by a technical lead is assigned to start the integration process with each data source. Each integrated data source is thoroughly tested and data is stored in Amazon S3. Data is then fed into Amazon Redshift through data transformation workloads, like AWS Glue, Amazon EMR, and Amazon Kinesis.
- Once all the data sources are onboarded to Amazon S3, Sigmoid can help customers to build custom dashboards and visualizations on various tools, like Amazon Quicksight, Tableau, and Power BI, leading to insights on campaign effectiveness, ad spend by zipcode, region, country, category, brand, pack, channel, and online vs. offline ads.
- The logical extension of this solution is to build and operate machine-learning (ML) models using Amazon Sagemaker and Amazon EMR to optimize metrics, including ROAS and ROMI, and overall campaign performance.
1) Data Ingestion
Sigmoid uses Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka (Amazon MSK) or Amazon Kinesis to ingest real-time feeds from marketing channels, like Google Ads, DSPs, and marketing agencies, and workflows are orchestrated using Apache Airflow.
2) Data Visualization
Sigmoid uses Tableau on AWS for creating dashboards
3) Querying and Retrieving Data
Amazon Redshift spectrum was used for efficiently querying and retrieving data from files in Amazon S3
4) Code Repository
5) Primary Coding Language
Access to Enviroments
Customers facilitate different environments to build, test, and deploy integrations
Data Providers Access, API Docs
Customers set up a bridge with data providers to set up the secured access to APIs
User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
Customers test the visualization and dashboards
About this consultant
Sigmoid enables business transformation using data and analytics, leveraging real-time decisions through insights, by building modern data architectures using cloud and open source. Some of the world's largest data producers are engaging with Sigmoid to solve complex business problems. Sigmoid brings deep expertise in data engineering, marketing analytics, artificial intelligence, and DataOps.
Sigmoid is an AWS Partner with Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift Service Delivery designations, and part of the APN Customer Engagements (ACE) Program.
Ready to get started?
AWS Partner Highlights
Sigmoid’s AWS validated qualifications, customer references, and office locations.
AWS Competency Details
Sigmoid has demonstrated deep AWS technical expertise and proven customer success.
Amazon EMR Delivery Details
Sigmoid has demonstrated deep AWS technical expertise and proven customer success with Amazon EMR.
Amazon Redshift Delivery Details
Sigmoid has demonstrated deep AWS technical expertise and proven customer success with Amazon Redshift.
Browse our portfolio of Consulting Offers to get AWS verified help with solution deployment.
Browse our library of AWS self-deploy solutions to common architectural problems.
Engage with AWS Partners for secure, innovative, and cost-effective custom solutions that leverage the power and scalability of AWS services to meet your needs.