Serverless Bot Framework helps you implement sophisticated conversational chatbots and develop engaging and lifelike experiences for your customers. It deploys, configures, and interacts with managed AWS services that apply machine learning algorithms to interact with end-users and turn chatbot text into lifelike speech.
Two conversation types
Sample web application
Customizable chatbot functions
The diagram below presents the architecture can build using the example code on GitHub.
Serverless Bot Framework architecture
The code deploys the following workflows and services:
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) buckets store configuration files
- A customer sends a request through an Amazon API Gateway endpoint
- AWS Lambda functions run code without provisioning servers
- Amazon Lex V2 processes user requests and responds according to bot configurations
- Amazon DynamoDB tables store conversation logs, interaction context, user feedback, and other tables required by sample microservices
- AWS Systems Manager securely stores API keys
- Amazon Polly turns text into lifelike speech
This post teaches readers about generic possibility of adding chatbots to their business applications. It showcases the use case of a public sector agency website serving its customers and how chatbots can address common customer issues and overall enhance customer experience. By adding chatbots to business applications, organizations can start to realize the inherent benefits of 24/7 operational excellence, increased customer accessibility with no agent wait-times and efficient deployment of customer service representatives.
Browse our library of AWS Solutions Implementations to get answers to common architectural problems.
Find AWS certified consulting and technology partners to help you get started.
Browse our portfolio of Consulting Offers to get AWS-vetted help with solution deployment.