Cloud Operations on AWS
Learn how to configure, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot your AWS environments
*This course was formerly named Systems Operations on AWS
This course teaches system administrators, operators, and anyone performing day-to-day operations in the AWS Cloud how to install, configure, automate, monitor, secure, maintain, and troubleshoot the services, networks, and systems on AWS necessary to support business applications. The course also covers specific AWS features, tools, and best practices related to these functions.
What you'll learn
- Identify the AWS services that support the different phases of Operational Excellence, an AWS Well-Architected Framework pillar
- Manage access to AWS resources using AWS accounts and organizations and AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Maintain an inventory of in-use AWS resources by using AWS services, such as AWS Systems Manager, AWS CloudTrail, and AWS Config
- Develop a resource deployment strategy using metadata tags, Amazon Machine Images (AMIs), and AWS Control Tower to deploy and maintain an AWS cloud environment
- And much more
Who should take this course
- System administrators and operators who are operating in the AWS Cloud
- IT workers who want to increase their cloud operations knowledge
What experience you'll need
- Successfully completed the AWS Technical Essentials classroom training
- A background in either software development or systems administration
- Proficiency in maintaining operating systems at the command line, such as shell scripting in Linux environments or cmd/PowerShell in Windows
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP)
Type: Classroom (virtual or in person)
Length: 3 days
Need more information?
Download the course outline for more information about what this course covers.
Train your team with AWS Jam
An AWS Jam is a 1-day optional add-on of hands-on challenges curated to align to the topics and AWS services covered in the classroom course.
Looking for private training for your team?
With AWS-delivered private training, your team will learn actionable best practices together, tailored to your specific use cases.
Thinking about taking an exam?
Find a related exam to reinforce your learning.