Planning and Designing Databases on AWS
Learn how to select and use the ideal AWS database solutions
Learn how to identify and design the most suitable AWS database solutions so you can modernize your data infrastructure with fully managed, purpose-built databases to save time and cost, improve performance and scale, and accelerate innovation.
Intended for solutions architects, database architects, database developers, an expert AWS instructor will guide you through the features and characteristics of eleven databases including SQL services like Amazon RDS and Amazon Aurora, and NoSQL services such as Amazon Neptune, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon DocumentDB, and more, as well as the design considerations that you should make while using them.
What you'll learn
- Summarize the AWS Well-Architected Framework for designing database solutions
- Choose an appropriate purpose-built database service for a given workload
- Design a relational database solution to solve a business problem
- Design a NoSQL database solution to solve a business problem
- And much more
Who should take this course
- Solutions architects
- Database architects
What experience you'll need
- Familiarity with AWS database service
- Understanding of database design concepts and/or data modeling for relational or nonrelational databases
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
- Familiarity with general networking and encryption concepts
- Completion of the digital course Introduction to Building with AWS Databases
Type: Classroom (virtual and in person)
Length: 3 days
Need more information?
Download the course outline for more information about what this course covers.
Looking for private training for your team?
With AWS-delivered private training, your team will learn actionable best practices together, tailored to your specific use cases.
Thinking about taking an exam?
Find a related exam to reinforce your learning.