Posted On: Dec 18, 2015
AWS Config Rules allows you to create rules that continuously check the configuration of relevant AWS resources recorded by AWS Config, and notifies when resources do not comply with these guidelines. Using the rules dashboard, you can track overall compliance status and troubleshoot specific resource configurations that do not comply. The preview of Config Rules was announced on Oct 7, 2015 at AWS re:invent.
This launch makes AWS Config Rules fully available to all customers in the US East (N. Virginia) region. You can use AWS Config Rules and the growing ecosystem, including AlertLogic Insights, CloudHealth Technologies, and TrendMicro Deep Security, to gain deeper insights and better control over the configuration of existing and new AWS resources. The published pricing plan (http://aws.amazon.com/config/pricing) will come into effect on Jan 1, 2016.
To learn more, visit AWS Blog.
- Get started with Config Rules link: http://aws.amazon.com/config/details/
- Visit the AWS Config console link: https://console.aws.amazon.com/config/home?region=us-east-1
- Technical Documentation link: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/config/latest/developerguide/evaluate-config.html
- FAQs link: http://aws.amazon.com/config/faq/
- AWS Config Partners: http://aws.amazon.com/config/partners