Posted On: May 6, 2020
You can now connect your Apache Kafka applications to Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka (MSK) in AWS GovCloud (US) regions. AWS GovCloud (US) is isolated AWS Regions designed to host sensitive data and regulated workloads in the cloud, assisting customers who have United States federal, state, or local government compliance requirements. For Amazon MSK region availability, refer to the AWS Region Table.
Amazon MSK is a fully managed service for Apache Kafka that makes it easy for you to build and run applications that use Apache Kafka as a data store. Amazon MSK is 100% compatible with Apache Kafka, which enables you to quickly migrate your existing Apache Kafka workloads to Amazon MSK with confidence or build new ones from scratch. With Amazon MSK, you spend more time innovating on applications and less time managing clusters. To learn how to get started, see the Amazon MSK Developer Guide.
- Amazon MSK is available in China Regions
- Create Amazon MSK clusters with T3 brokers for less than $2.50/day
- AWS DMS expands CDC (change data capture) support with Apache Kafka as a target
- Amazon MSK adds support for Apache Kafka version 2.4.1
- Amazon MSK can now stream broker logs to CloudWatch Logs, Amazon S3, or Amazon Elasticsearch Service