Getting started guide
Easily get started streaming your desktop applications to your users. In this guide, you'll install and configure two applications on AppStream 2.0, perform foundational administrative tasks, and provision an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) using a provided AWS CloudFormation template.
Learn more at Amazon AppStream 2.0 getting started
Amazon AppStream 2.0 allows you to access your desktop applications from HTML5-capable browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge. No plug-ins are needed.
You can download the Windows Client to use dual monitors and USB peripherals such as 3D mice with your applications on AppStream 2.0. The Windows Client also supports keyboard shortcuts, such as Alt + Tab, clipboard shortcuts, and function keys.
Desktop and Application Streaming Blog
Vist the Desktop and Application Streaming Blog to learn about unique use cases, review best practices, see how customers are using our services, dive deep on technical topics, and get started with new feature launches.
You can also browse the following posts written by our friends in other AWS Blogs:
- Amazon AppStream 2.0 for Korean Ophthalmological Society
- Delivering Graphics Apps with Amazon AppStream 2.0
- Amazon AppStream 2.0 Launch Recap – Domain Join, Simple Network Setup, and Lots More
- New – GPU-Powered Streaming Instances for Amazon AppStream 2.0
- Enabling Identity Federation with AD FS 3.0 and Amazon AppStream 2.0
- Scaling your desktop application streams with Amazon AppStream 2.0
- Configure Okta as your Amazon AppStream 2.0 SAML 2.0 provider for single sign-on
- Configure Ping Identity as your Amazon AppStream 2.0 SAML 2.0 provider for single sign-on
AWS re:Invent 2018
AWS re:Invent 2017
Webinars, summits, & more
Visit AWS Artifact to view AppStream 2.0's Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) report, which covers the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 and the revised 508 Standards for IT accessibility. AWS Artifact is a no-cost, self-service portal for on-demand access to AWS compliance reports.