AWS Certified Big Data - Specialty
Validate your technical skills and expertise with an industry-recognized credential and grow your career.
The AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty certification is intended for individuals who perform complex Big Data analyses with at least two years of experience using AWS technology.
A new version of the AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty exam will be available in April 2020 with a new name, AWS Certified Data Analytics – Specialty. Learn more.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- Implement core AWS Big Data services according to basic architecture best practices
- Design and maintain Big Data
- Leverage tools to automate data analysis
Recommended Knowledge and Experience
- We recommend candidates hold an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or a current Associate-level certification: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, AWS Certified Developer - Associate or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
- Background in defining and architecting AWS Big Data services with the ability to explain how they fit in the data life cycle of collection, ingestion, storage, processing, and visualization
- Minimum five years hands-on experience in a data analytics field
- Experience in designing a scalable and cost-effective architecture to process data
Prepare for Your Exam
There is no better preparation than hands-on experience. There are many relevant AWS Training courses and other resources to assist you with acquiring additional knowledge and skills to prepare for certification. Please review the exam guide for information about the competencies assessed on the certification exam.
Multiple choice, multiple answer
170 minutes to complete the exam
Available in English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese