AWS Certified Big Data - Specialty
Validate your technical skills and expertise with an industry-recognized credential and grow your career.
The AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty is intended for individuals who perform complex Big Data analyses with at least 2 years of experience using AWS technology.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- Implement core AWS Big Data services according to basic architecture best practices
- Design and maintain Big Data
- Leverage tools to automate data analysis
- We recommend candidates hold an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or a current Associate-level certification: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, AWS Certified Developer - Associate or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
- Background in defining and architecting AWS Big Data services with the ability to explain how they fit in the data life cycle of collection, ingestion, storage, processing, and visualization
- Minimum five years hands-on experience in a data analytics field
- Experience in designing a scalable and cost-effective architecture to process data
Prepare for Your Exam
Big Data Technology Fundamentals
Digital | 1.5 hours
In this self-paced course, you will learn about Big Data and basic architecture, value, and potential use cases. The course introduces you to specifics of some key technologies, including Apache Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Apache Hive, and Apache Pig. Although the course focuses on industry-standard Big Data solutions, you will learn about the AWS Big Data ecosystem, a set of services and solutions provided by AWS to build and enhance Big Data solutions.
Big Data on AWS
Classroom | 3 days
In this course, you will learn about cloud-based Big Data solutions such as Amazon EMR, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Kinesis, and the rest of the AWS Big Data platform. We will show you how to use Amazon EMR to process data using the broad ecosystem of Hadoop tools like Hive and Hue. We will also teach you how to create Big Data environments, work with Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon QuickSight, Amazon Athena, and Amazon Kinesis, and leverage best practices to design Big Data environments for security and cost-effectiveness.