Best Practices for Security, Identity, & Compliance
Learn how to meet your security and compliance goals using AWS infrastructure and services. To learn current AWS recommendations and strategies to use when designing cloud architectures with security in mind, see the Security Pillar - AWS Well-Architected Framework. To browse AWS security documentation by category, see AWS Security Documentation.
Identity & Access Management
Self-guided learning materials to help you understand identity security.
- Documentation: Security Best Practices in IAM
- Blog: IAM Policy Types - How and When to Use Them
- Video: AWS Identity - Choosing the Right Mix of AWS IAM Policies for Scale
- Training: Introduction to AWS Identity and Access Management
- Workshops: Identity
Information about monitoring services that can help you detect and eliminate suspicious activity.
- Documentation: AWS Security Hub User Guide - AWS Foundational Security Best Practices Standard
- Workshop: AWS Security Hub
- Solutions Implementation: Automated Security Response on AWS
- Blog: New for Amazon GuardDuty – Malware Protection for Amazon EBS Volumes
- Video: What's New with AWS Threat Detection Services
Holistic guidelines and trainings to help you prevent attacks and protect your business.
- Whitepaper: AWS Best Practices for DDoS Resiliency
- Solutions Implementation: WAF Automation on AWS
- Technical Guide: Guidelines for Implementing AWS WAF
- Workshop: Vulnerability Management with Amazon Inspector
- Technical Guide: AWS Security Reference Architecture
Data Protection & Privacy
Architectural guidance to help you keep sensitive data secure.
- Blog: Three Common Cloud Encryption Questions and Their Answers on AWS
- Guide: Using AWS in the Context of Common Privacy and Data Protection Considerations
- Documentation: Introduction to the Cryptographic Details of AWS KMS
- Video: Building Privacy Compliance on AWS
- Video: To Europe and Beyond - Simplify Privacy Needs in New Markets
How to make sure your architecture conforms to industry standards and regulatory requirements.
Incident Investigation & Response
Guidance to help you prepare for and successfully respond to security incidents.
AWS re:Invent 2022: A day in the life of a billion requests
AWS re:Invent 2022: Protecting secrets, keys, and data - Cryptography for the long term
AWS re:Invent 2022: Revitalize your security with the AWS Security Reference Architecture
- Well-Architected: Security Pillar
- Solutions Implementation: AWS Landing Zone
- Solutions Implementation: Centralized Logging
Security, Identity, & Compliance Blog Posts
No blog posts found that match the selected criteria.