The Well-Architected Framework has been developed to help cloud architects build secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure for their applications. The framework provides a consistent approach for customers and partners to evaluate architectures and implement designs that will scale over time.
About the AWS Well-Architected Partner Program
The AWS Well-Architected Partner Program trains AWS Partner Network (APN) Consulting Partners on how to perform Well-Architected workload reviews. The program is designed to enable you to help AWS customers establish good architectural habits, eliminate risk, and respond faster to changes that affect designs, applications, and workloads.
Well-Architected Partners will gain the expertise needed to build high quality solutions, implement best practices, check the state of workloads, and make improvements when and where AWS customers need assistance. The AWS Well-Architected Partner Program is available to all APN Consulting Partners including APN Select, Advanced, and Premier Tiers.
Note: At the Select Tier, the program is available to APN Partners based in North America and Europe, Middle East, and Africa only.
A Well-Architected Journey
Hear from AWS Well-Architected Partners on the impact and success the program has had on their customers and business. Additionally, AWS Well-Architected Partners describe their journey in integrating AWS Well-Architected into their practice, including how it helped overcome challenges within their own organizations. AWS Well-Architected Partners from different geographies discuss customer use-cases where AWS Well-Architected had a measurable impact on improving customer experience on AWS and helped them transform their business.
AWS Well-Architected Partner Program Benefits
Learn AWS Best Practices
APN Partners integrating the AWS Well-Architected Framework into their businesses can learn how to design and optimize workloads based on AWS best practices.
Improve Customer Experience
AWS Well-Architected Partners are able to build trust across sales, delivery, and operations, leading to better AWS customer outcomes and relationships.
Leverage More Opportunities
AWS Well-Architected Partners use their hands-on experience with the framework to stay engaged with existing customers and acquire new customers. Over 70% of partner-led reviews ended in additional workload improvements after the AWS Well-Architected review.
“It's very clear to us that the latest evolution of the AWS Well-Architected Framework has been distilled from some of the highest-impacting experiences in the marketplace. The refinement of the framework, supported by guidance on a more effective engagement process, has improved our ability to make targeted positive impacts in our customers' and prospects' environments much more efficiently and effectively. The AWS Well-Architected team is also first-rate and has clearly accelerated our ability to deliver real business-impacting value to our mutual customers in as little as a week!”
- Chuck Price, SVP Professional Services of Logicworks
“100% of reviews end in customers choosing 1Strategy to help them remediate the workload. In 2017, Well-Architected services drove 40% of 1Strategy's revenue.”
- Rich Uhl, CEO of 1Strategy
“For AWS to recognize us in this way as a trusted partner is a real feather in our cap and reaffirms our commitment to best practice – delivering Well-Architected for the solutions we build for our customers.”
- Rob Greenwood, Technical Director of Steamhaus
AWS Well-Architected Partner Program Requirements
APN Consulting Partners can qualify for the AWS Well-Architected Partner Program by having a strong overall AWS practice, dedicating Certified Solutions Architects (Professional Level) to training to demonstrate technical readiness, and integrating Well-Architected best practices into their practice.
See how to get started for the AWS Well-Architected Partner Program below:
1) Satisfy APN Tier Requirements
APN Partners in the AWS Well-Architected Partner Program must be Select, Advanced, or Premier Tier. To see the requirements for Advanced Tier, click here.
*Select Tier (formerly Standard Tier) APN Partners may apply if they can meet all other program requirements as noted below in NA and EMEA.
2) Satisfy AWS Well-Architected Partner Program Requirements
APN Partners in the AWS Well-Architected Partner Program must be able to commit to the following program requirements:
- Executive Sponsor: All APN Partners in the AWS Well-Architected Partner Program must commit to having an executive sponsor (someone who has visibility into multiple areas of the organization and can effectively implement changes within them) who is responsible for integrating Well-Architected into the business (Delivery and Operations). This includes team members from sales, delivery (QA, advisory, architects, developers, operations) and managed services.
- Minimum workloads: All AWS Well-Architected Partners must review a minimum of four workloads per quarter.
- Minimum removal of High-Risk Issues (HRIs): All AWS Well-Architected Partners must remove a minimum of 12-HRIs per quarter.
- Minimum of two Well-Architected Leads per region (AMER, EMEA, APAC, JAPN, CHNA, and GLBL): Two leads per region must be AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional; complete the AWS Well-Architected Partner Bootcamp training; integrate Well-Architected across sales, delivery, and MSP; and lead initiatives that deploy new workloads that are Well-Architected and/or resolve High Risk Issues across workloads under management. Only two leads overall are needed.
3) AWS Well-Architected Trainings
All APN Partners who are interested in the AWS Well-Architected Partner Program must complete a series of training and meetings before attending the AWS Well-Architected bootcamp. These include:
- AWS Well-Architected Overview: The AWS Well-Architected Overview webinar educates APN Partners about the AWS Well-Architected Partner Program. If an APN Partner is interested in participating in this program after this overview, the next step is to schedule an executive sponsor call with your Partner Development Manager.
- Executive Sponsorship Call: This call is to discuss measuring success, program goals, objectives of the executive sponsor, and to answer any questions related to the program at the business level (integrating Well-Architected into QA, managed services, and sales).
- Sales and Operations Onboarding: Integrating the AWS Well-Architected into their pre- and post-sales business processes.
- Technical Bootcamp: This training is for AWS Certified Solutions Architects - professionals trained on how to conduct AWS Well-Architected reviews for a customer. The all-day workshop dives into how to engage with a customer, leverage AWS Well-Architected best practices, and evaluate customer's workloads.
4) Start Conducting and Reporting on Well-Architected Reviews and Improvements
After the technical bootcamp training, APN Partners will receive AWS Well-Architected Partner Program material, giving them everything they need to integrate AWS Well-Architected practices into their business. APN Partners will be ready to start conducting these reviews for customers and perform workload improvements for customers based on findings from the AWS Well-Architected Reviews.
Once an APN Partner has reviewed a minimum of 4 workloads and resolved 12 HRIs in a single calendar quarter, AWS will notify the partner that they are authorized in the program. APN Partners who continue to review 4 workloads and remove 12 HRIs per calendar quarter will remain authorized within the program. APN Partners in good standing will benefit from Marketing Development Funding (MDF), will be included in AWS Partner Solutions Finder, and will be granted Well-Architected Service Credits to offer to customers removing HRIs.